Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Drug related arrest in Japan back in 1989 2019/4/29 09:41
I had a very small drug related arrest in Japan back in 1989 and recieved a 5 year sentence suspended and was deported. Can I ever return to Japan?
by CHRISM1 (guest)  

Re: drug related arrest in Japan back in 1989 2019/4/29 10:39
If you were convicted, went through court proceedings, then sentenced (though suspended), you would fall under this?

Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act

(Denial of Landing)
Article 5 (1) Any alien who falls under any of the following items shall be denied permission for landing in Japan.

(v) A person who has been convicted of a violation of any law or regulation of Japan or of any other country relating to the control of narcotics, marijuana, opium, stimulants or psychotropic substances, and has been sentenced to a penalty.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Drug related arrest in Japan back in 1989 2019/4/29 14:15
Can I ever return to Japan?

Paul McCartney returned to Japan a decade after being arrested upon arrival and having had two concert tours in Japan canceled. Rumor has it that a Kennedy among other politicians and diplomats worked behind the scenes. So, yes, it's not impossible.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread