Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toll charges for Hokkaido trip 2019/5/2 23:04
Hi everyone, this is my 1st driving trip and 1st time in Hokkaido this month.

I am confused with the expressways, tolls charges and IC of the trip. I tried to use the ex-nexo drive plaza and other links tt is suggested here with google maps but ended up more blur. May i get your help to let me know how much is my toll in total:

New Chitose to Nobotribetus
Nobo to Lake Toya to Hakodate
Hakodate to Niseko to Otaru
Otaru to Asashikawa
Asahikawa to Sounkyo
Sounkyo to Biei to Furano
Furano to Sopporo

Thank you so much.
by Snow Pear (guest)  

Re: Toll charges for Hokkaido trip 2019/5/3 08:49
Hi Snow Pear,

It might be easiest for you to look into getting this driving pass when you pick up your rental car in Hokkaido:

https://www.driveplaza.com/trip/drawari/hokkaido_expass/en.html

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Toll charges for Hokkaido trip 2019/5/3 11:23

@ Snow Pear

Any reason you must use toll roads? we spend 3 weeks driving around Hokkaido, and found toll roads were not necessary. Hokkaido's highways are to high standard.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toll charges for Hokkaido trip 2019/5/3 11:34
Thank you both for yr kind replies.

Nope i dun hv to use toll just tt when i Google the route, it indicates toll charges. So i assumed tt toll is nec. May i ask if you use google or app for navigation there? Thanks!!
by Snow pear (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toll charges for Hokkaido trip 2019/5/3 13:00

I used phone numbers for destination in the car GPS system. And if you know places where you are visiting, you can pre-program all when you hire the car; the staff will happily assist you . Do not forget to select the option "no toll".
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread