Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/5/10 07:58
Hi,

I couldn't really find the info so far.
What's the process if I want to remove the card from Apple pay but not lose the card.
I.e. I will sell my phone but have a commuter pass that's still valid for X months?
The credit in the card can be refunded but what about the pass?
by WortPirat  

Re: Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/5/10 15:34
by NERV (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/5/10 16:05
"What's the process if I want to remove the card from Apple pay but not lose the card.
I.e. I will sell my phone but have a commuter pass that's still valid for X months?"

Are you getting a replacement iPhone? If so, follow the instruction here -

https://atadistance.net/2017/09/17/upgrading-to-a-new-iphone-dont-forg...
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/5/11 00:07
@NERV sorry I can hardly read Japanese and more less so understand, it seems not to come across with GoogleTranslate. I don't want to withdraw from Suica at all. I just want to remove the card from Apple Pay and go back to the manual plastic card.

And no, I'm not switching the phone.

It might not be possible?
by WortPirat rate this post as useful

Re: Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/5/11 01:03
I would maybe just go to a friendly station clerk and describe her / him what you want to do. Maybe he/she can do it for you?
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/5/11 11:01
I tried for another case and they couldn't understand me. So thus (I suppose) they gave me false information.
It seems you can call the Suica customer support (05020165005) for this but it is just in Japanese as well.

Re: Remove Suica from Apple wallet 2019/6/8 22:33
Turns out you can not do this.
But Suica is the worst company in the world it seems. The customer service is horrible.
You can change your destination. Funny thing is when you change it, the rest of the money will be transferred to your bank account (probably not in my case as my name is in English letters and they only allow katakana) and you have to pay for a new period.
Anyway it means you basically cancel the old card and make a new one inside the phone.
But you can not only cancel it. It is a joke.
The whole app is a joke, nope the whole service is simply one big joke.
Nothing but ripping of customers.

If you can stay away!

reply to this thread