Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/14 18:14
So when I arrive in Japan on a tourist visa next year to marry my j-girl, on the immigration form I would tick "OTHER"on the Purpose of visit section. Then write a sentence to elaborate on this.

Should I write "Visit my fiancé and child and to get married" OR just "Visit my fiancé and child" (he will technically be my child once we marry) and leave out the marriage part???

Would immigration question you on the marriage part and stop you from entering because they want you to not go through the CRS way but the COE way to get a spouse visa? I'm kinda worried about this actually.

Let me know your thoughts people.

Thanks
by Johnny (guest)  

Re: Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/14 21:32
Here are some thoughts: do you think "my j-girl" is an appropriate and respectful way to speak of someone?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/15 04:25
Lol chill man the OP meant no harm and donft reply if you have no valuable input to the topic. Some people eh

OP - ignore the negativity some people bring. On a lighter note and back to the issue at hand. I think just put in visit fiance would be fine. Thatfs what I would put.
by Ranger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/15 07:33
I agree with Ranger.
by Camper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/15 08:36
As you have a child you could put visiting family/relatives.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/15 13:19
From the way the OP writes, I think the OP is visiting his girlfriend and HER child. So I would just put gvisiting fiancee.h
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration/Disembarkation form question 2019/5/15 13:42
If you're arriving on a tourist visa, stick to the purpose of the visa and state "tourism and visiting friends." Don't raise flags if you don't have to. "Getting married" may sound like you're looking to stay a long time.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread