Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vehicle, driver with guide for rent? 2019/6/9 19:40
I am planning a khyusu trip Free and Easy in early Nov 2020 to enjoy the Autumn colours and festival in khyusu . Would like to check are there any vehicle with driver cum guide for rent?
by TAN MUI TIANG (guest)  

Re: Vehicle, driver with guide for rent? 2019/6/10 14:18
観光タクシー(private chartered taxi) may better, but too early, why now?
by Nagi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vehicle, driver with guide for rent? 2019/6/10 18:15
I am planning a khyusu trip Free and Easy in early Nov 2020 to enjoy the Autumn colours and festival in khyusu . Would like to check are there any vehicle with driver cum guide for rent?

"Vehicle with driver cum guide" is not common in Japan, especially where foreign tourists are not so many (like Kyushu). As mentioned you can hire a taxi, but it will be rather expensive (400 USD per day or more). Further most taxi driver speaks only Japanese. If budget is not a problem, you might better ask travel agency to arrange your trip. Or you might research by yourself for the trip and use public transport and sometimes taxi. I think Kyushu is not an ideal place for autumn leaves since it is too warm. Autumn leaves are basically good in colder regions.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Vehicle, driver with guide for rent? 2019/6/11 10:52
Any person providing a car/transport and getting paid for anything must have a class 2 driving license (basically a taxi license). Anything else is illegal. Some people provide illegal transport services - and some of those are foreigners, and they have been deported in the past when caught.

Having said that, yes, there are people that provide private taxi services - 40,000 yen per day might be a reasonable indication. I've done rentals at 6,000 yen per hour. If you need multi day hire then you are also up for costs of their accommodation, and there are daily hour limits.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Vehicle, driver with guide for rent? 2019/6/11 11:26
I'm also interested in this question, for future plans of inviting foreign friends to Japan. I know it's easy to hire kanko taxi, a taxi driver that can guide tourists in Japanese language. Does anyone think it's a practical option trying to hire a relatively bigger car as a kanko taxi and then hiring a goodwill guide to ride along and interpret?
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread