Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kagayaki Shinkansen for JR pass ordinary type 2019/6/29 22:13
I have purchased a JR pass (ordinary type). If I travel on kagayaki shinkansen, do I need to top up for kagayaki shinkansen green car? Kagayaki shinkansen has green and gran car which require reservation? It does not have ordinary type.
by Irene (guest)  

Re: Kagayaki Shinkansen for JR pass ordinary type 2019/6/30 11:14
The Japan Rail Pass will fully cover the trip if you use ordinary cars. Yes, the Kagayaki has ordinary cars! All of them require advance reservations, but reservations can be made for free with the rail pass. More details about the train:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_nagano.html

If you want to use the Green Car or Granclass, then your pass will only cover the base fare. All the other fees, including the shinkansen supplement and the Green Car supplement you would have to pay separately.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kagayaki Shinkansen for JR pass ordinary type 2019/6/30 11:14
The Kagayaki does have ordinary class cars.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kagayaki Shinkansen for JR pass ordinary type 2019/7/1 09:04
What on earth gave you the impression that the Kagayaki does not have ordinary cars? I see some quite odd claims from people so wonder where these things come from.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kagayaki Shinkansen for JR pass ordinary type 2019/7/2 09:18
Well, I read the below from some website (copy and pasted) and wanted to check. Am so glad that two kind souls had POLITELY replied with clarifications. Thank you Uji and the other guest!

"The Kagayaki and Hakutaka run from Tokyo to Kanazawa, the Kagayaki is the faster (express) of the two.
Please note that the Kagayaki train has only reserved seats and has both green class and the new Gran class cars!"
by Irene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kagayaki Shinkansen for JR pass ordinary type 2019/7/2 10:16
I suppose the wording is a little clumsy, but it does not say that the Kagayaki does not have ordinary class cars, only that it has Green and GranClass cars, which is also true (it has all three).

Basically, all trains have ordinary class cars.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread