Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Schedule 7-11 Nov 2019 2019/7/8 14:51
Hi All,
I need some recommendation , i am planning to go Japan ( arrived Tokyo early morning of 7 Nov and Depart from Tokyo night of 11 Nov ) , Kamikochi is my main destination. Here below is what i think my plan will be however need some recommendation.

7 Nov - Arrived Tokyo early morning then take a walk in town , bus will leave from Tokyo at 10.25 PM for Kamikochi.

8 Nov - Arrived at Kamikochi in the morning , check in and do the trekking, enjoy the view the weather , stay 1 night here , NEED RECOMMENDATION FOR THE HOTEL.

9-10 Nov - [ Need recommendation for the city near by eg. Toyama , Kanazawa or Takayama

11 Nov - Have to back to Tokyo for preparing to depart

Thanks you in advance
by KITBKK  

Re: Schedule 7-11 Nov 2019 2019/7/8 17:04
Hi. Kamikochi will be shutting down around that time, have you looked to see if it is still open? We were there at the end of October last year, by then the leaves are brown and you might get a little snow in flurries, or sleet. It was very icy.

We have been a few times and stay at the Onsen Hotel. It is awesome, with a great rotenburo - just what you need on those cold nights. The monkeys come up to the hotel sometimes in the mornings. They are not tame, but have lost their fear of humans. Kamikochi is nicest in the early morning, before the buses arrive.

I would go from there to Takayama. You are probably going to catch full autumn colours at that time, it is spectacular at Takayama especially at the park and the squirrel forest. We stay at Hotel Associa which is nice and great value, but a little way out of town. Great onsens there too, overlooking the town.

From Takayama I would stop off at Shirakawago for a few hours and then go on to Kanazawa. You can get back to Tokyo from Kanazawa.

I'm jealous!

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Schedule 7-11 Nov 2019 2019/7/8 19:17
Definitely not Toyama, which is not an interesting city. Takayama and Kanazawa have both their interesting points. The proposal by the PP sounds good to me if you want a relatively quick trip. Or you could skip Takayama/Kanazawa/Toyama and go from Kamikochi to Matsumoto, then Nagano and back to Tokyo. Although I personally would just go for 2 days to Okuhida and soak in an onsen.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread