Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stroller Rental 2019/7/9 00:14
Dear, is it possible to rent a stroller in Japan? Or I should bring my stroller a long? Is it friendly to travel around with stroller?

Thank you!
by tracy ho (guest)  

Re: Stroller Rental 2019/7/9 11:16
Japan isnt generally a stroller friendly place. Lots of stairs. All temple/shrines have stone/pebble walkways.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stroller Rental 2019/7/9 12:32
If you mean a stroller for your baby, yes, it's possible to rent one and have it sent to your hotel as long as it's alright with the hotel. Strollers for toddlers (not newborns) are also commonly available at department stores and other places such as Disneyland, for those who use the facilities. But are you saying you won't need one at the airports while flying into Japan?

by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Stroller Rental 2019/7/9 13:46
How old is your child? Are you able to baby-wear instead? I can tell you from personal experience that traveling around Tokyo with a stroller is a HUGE hassle! If you do end up wanting to have a stroller, I suggest buying a cheap umbrella-style travel stroller in your home country and bringing it with you. Using the trains and navigating the stations with a stroller was a big headache the one time I traveled with a stroller. Have one that's really easy to fold up one-handed, and take the kid in and out of it while transversing the station would be my advice. Trying to find elevators, and then waiting in line to use them, made what should have been pretty short journeys much longer than necessary. It was quite frustrating!

You can absolutely rent one, but I don't recommend it. This is because you're not used to it, so it takes some time to figure it out and practice doing anything on it one-handed, and sometimes they aren't comfortable for the child, or have enough storage space for your preference. They also may be a different type of stroller than you prefer, such as a bulky and heavy one that would make traveling on the trains a lot more difficult than a small, lightweight one. By bringing one, it's one less thing to worry about while traveling, and many airlines will check them at the gate for free.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stroller Rental 2019/7/9 14:38
I see heaps of dogs in strollers. In fact it is disappointing when a stroller comes toward you and you get all excited about another cute dog and there is just a kid in there.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stroller Rental 2019/7/9 15:00
I see heaps of dogs in strollers

Well, unless you are blind you arenft allowed to bring a dog on a train, unless it is in a gboxh. Thus the dog strollers. However babies arenft dogs and are allowed to ride to ride outside of a box. Thus no need to put them in a stroller, which makes carrying them around so much easier on public transport as well as many sightseeing spots.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread