Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/9 03:49
I have booked a ticket for me and my child in March 2019, the ticket is for the upcoming July end, about 4 days ago we noticed that my child's 2nd name was not placed, she had two names in her first name. but here in USA seems to be her middle name so she no longer uses it. I called many times if Someone could help and change, I spoke with a customer service that said it was okay that there was no problem. and others said they can not help me and they will not be changed.if you can help me now if it's okay before we leave because I'm so worried about it. Me and my daughter flight so close I need help to fix and resolve this.
by MarjManalo  

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/9 11:15
What ticket is it?
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/9 14:00
I assume it's an airline ticket? Whatever the name on the ticket is, it should match the passport of the person holding it. You should be able to call and have the name changed on the ticket, and the ticket reissued if the name doesn't match. You might be charged a fee for this.

Generally, a middle name not present on a ticket isn't an issue when coming into or leaving the US, but Japan can be more strict about names. Although it might turn out to not be a problem, I would not count on that. It is better to change the name and not have to worry about it.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/9 14:57
I have two middle names, and never saw on my ticket,
Just first and last name. Never had issues.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/9 15:05
I have 3 first names but use the last of the 3 and normally donft have all 3 of them on tickets (they wouldnft fit anyway) and my only problem is airline mileage. When I occasionally put the full name I need to manually claim the miles.

But if you are very worried as PP said, call the airline and get the name changed. However it does come at a cost (normally).

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/10 00:45
Hi!

I'm American too and just went to Japan June 17th-the 4th and used JAL. They put my first name and middle name into one combined name on my ticket aka "rkold's first name""rkold's middle name" and I had no problem. They did the same with my daughter's name. My Passport does have my first and middle name. My biggest problem was trying to find my reservation to pre-check-in so I would get a seat. It took me a while to find it because of the middle name issue.

Good luck on your upcoming trip!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/10 03:10
ANA also combined my first and middle names into one. All my tickets, my ANA cards and Mileage Club have me as ex. JamesAndrew Smith instead of James Andrew Smith, like my passport. I've never had issues in the 12 or so trips to Japan I've taken.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/12 09:19
Thank you very much for all your opinions. Itfs a air ticket, the day I bought the ticket four days ago I saw the issue and I called me immediately to JAL. they said that they could no longer be fix it because itfs in the policy that they can not be changed. I also do not understand why. Many times I called them buts it over and over again nothings happen. so now our flight is coming hoping everything will be okay.
by MarjManalo rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket issues in daughter name 2019/7/12 12:27
MarjManalo,

I spoke with a customer service that said it was okay that there was no problem. and others said they can not help me and they will not be changed.

The customer service personnel is saying that you can use the ticket without it being changed. It does not contradict with the "others" saying that you cannot have the ticket changed free-of-charge. To be on the safe side, take note of the date and time you spoke to the customer service personnel and the name of the personnel.

Airlines have a long tradition about being strict to rules, and rightfully so, long story short. If you insist on having the name changed, you can book and pay for a new ticket and cancel the other one. But it seems from the customer service comment that you don't even need to do that.

rkold wrote:
My biggest problem was trying to find my reservation to pre-check-in so I would get a seat. It took me a while to find it because of the middle name issue.

When your reservation is made, the airline automatically sends you confirmation along with a reservation number. Sometimes the reservation number is difficult to find, but if you look carefully it's right there. Often, a toll-free airline number can help you locate your reservation number.

I hope you have fun in Japan!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread