Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About visa 2019/7/10 02:58
Hello i am seeking a serious help. Though suggestions are quite hard. I came to japan in april2018 as student visa. Everything was fine until jan 2019 but in feb 2019 i could not pay my tuition fee due to some financial problems. So i quit that language school and i survived japanese life by doing part time jobs until june2019 because my visa was going to expire on 6th of july. Now the problem is i dont want to return to my home country so i went to immigration and changed my status into temporary visitor visa and got 1 month prepration visa. But still i dont want to return so seeking a refugee visa or any kind of visa will be good or bad for me?? I have only high school degree and i dont have any JLPT certificate. Is there any better ways to extend my stay or can i dream a working visa with my current japanese language level?though i am poor at japanese language. Is it possible to get admission on other language school so that i can live and work in japan with a good extension of visa?? Please suggest me some possible ways
by Nihongo519 (guest)  

Re: About visa 2019/7/10 11:15
I think you have another problem: You stopped your study but you worked on a student visa is illegal.
After you stopped your study you need to inform immigration accordingly and you need another way to get a visa. You cannot keep the student visa just to work. So if you are having a student visa you are already illegal in Japan.

Getting a refugee visa will not work, unless you come from a war country and still the change is small..
A working visa is another way but you need to find employer to sponsor you.

But again if you stayed on a student visa i think you already spilled your change to have any kind of visa.

Best is to go to the immigration before your will be deported and are not allowed to enter for a long time.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: About visa 2019/7/10 12:06
You have done many violation to your resident status, and when you report yourself to immigration for change of status, you were given " 1 month prepration visa. ".

That is like a warning for you to make preparation to leave Japan, the immigration is being kind and lenient here. Giving you opportunity to leave voluntarily.
The next step will be much harsher/worse, which might involve detention and deportation.

Don't think that you trying to change status will do any good since you are already on the immigration list. If you really insist in staying, the next best step is to hire an immigration lawyer and hope for the best.

From the look at it your chances are very very slim.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About visa 2019/7/10 18:18
Thankyou all for suggestions . This means a lot to me. So is there any possibility to gain working visa through any means.
by Nihon519 rate this post as useful

Re: About visa 2019/7/11 08:46
I do not think you understand well.
You have violated your status and you get an one month notification from the immigration.
So you should leave Japan first. If you do not leave within the period you could be deported which means you cannot come back.

As mentioned above your way is to contact immigration lawyer before you try finding a company who is willing to sponsor, because you are noted in the immigration system as an overstay.

You just made it more difficult because of your needs and wants.
Getting a working visa could be more difficult.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread