Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get a Japanese passport Ifm a Filipino 2019/7/10 03:39
Hello I just wanna ask something Ifm 29 years old , I want to change my passport from Philippine passport to Japanese passport. My Japanese father acknowledged me and put me on his Koseki Tohon when I was 24 years old. Ifve been living in Japan for 5 years.

Do i have to go with the process of naturalization like everyone else? And have the same requirements as they are?

Or the requirements will be easy for me since I have a Japanese father who acknowledge me legally.
by Yuka (guest)  

Re: Can I get a Japanese passport Ifm a Filipino 2019/7/10 11:10
You need to go to the same process for neutralization.
Requirements you can find on the immigration website
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a Japanese passport Ifm a Filipino 2019/7/10 19:44
Requirements you can find on the immigration website

No, you cannot. Naturalisation matters are not handled by immigration.

I don't know how many times I will need to say this here...

@OP Google will point you to everything you need (and it won't be on the immigration website).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a Japanese passport Ifm a Filipino 2019/7/10 20:50
if you think a Japanese passport is better than your original one and that is a sole reason of your naturalization, probably the application may not be granted.
you stay in Japan only for 5 years. you Japanese will not be perfect (it is impossible to master the language with 5 years). when someone, a Japanese, really wants you be a Japanese, he/she will help you to do that.
after you become a Japanese, others will not help you, when you are in troubles. you can't tell excuses by the reason of a foreigner. you should expect those cases and you need to have a person who supports you. if you already have that person, ask him/her the same question, instead for asking to random persons.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread