Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido in early january 2019/7/13 15:38
Hello, I am planning to visit Hokkaido for 4-5 days around the second week of January. Do you think it is a good idea to skip Sapporo and the surrounding area and visit another place, like Kushiro or something else? Any advice?
Thank you!
by Piuma  

Re: Hokkaido in early january 2019/7/14 00:20
Kushiro in january? Why? No cranes, damn cold. Snow everywhere.
by ...v... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido in early january 2019/7/14 03:11
What do you want to see and do in Hokkaido?

For winter - the only reason I'd go to Hokkaido is for

(1) Skiing
(2) Onsens
(3) Snow crabs & ice festivals (February)

Locations means nothing if we don't know what you want to do
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido in early january 2019/7/15 08:16
Hi I have been to Hokkaido twice in early January. It really depends on what you are looking for.I was looking for beautiful landscape photography opportunities and I found it in Biei area and a wonderful place. Sapporo is nice as well but it is a city whereas Hokkaido`s beauty for me lies in its landscape beauty. Burcu
by Bizarre Journeys rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido in early january 2019/7/16 08:47
If you're interested in onsen, you can check out Shikotsuko area. We stayed in Shikotsuko Daiichi in late January this year. It's a quiet, little place with less tourists. The onsen overlooking the lake was nice, too. If your schedule permits, you can stay for the ice festivals.
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread