Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestion for my itinerary in November 2019 2019/7/13 19:01
Hello folks,

I am drafting my itinerary in November, and need your suggestion and advices.
My purpose of the trip to see the autumn color.

17.Nov: arrived in Tokyo early, heading to Showa Kinen Park (I hope the autumn color is still good)
18.Nov: Kawaguchi Lake and Mount Fuji. I know that the autumn is too late for Mount Fuji. Will be there still some areas for good autumn color?
19.Nov: Depart for Nikko, stay in Nikko. I also know that it is also too late for autumn in Nikko, but first time visiting Nikko.
20.Nov: half day in Nikko, and back to Tokyo.
21.Nov: No plan yet. Any advice?
22.Nov: Heading to Korankei, Nagoya. Activate 7-day JR pass.
23.Nov: Heading to Kobe to meet my friend.

Afterwards, 24.Nov to 27.Nov, I will be in Kyoto for the main autumn season in Kyoto. From 28.Nov to 30.Nov, I will be in the Tokyo for the main autumn season there.

Any advices and suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

by lnkhang  

Re: Suggestion for my itinerary in November 2019 2019/7/14 14:45
For Tokyo 21st, Tokyo has several good traditional gardens, and the autumn colors at some are very impressive.
https://goo.gl/tAECfM

Also have you already seen this site's page on this topic?
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3061.html
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestion for my itinerary in November 2019 2019/7/14 17:46
Hi Ken,

I have checked the page you mentioned in Japan Guides many times.
It seems that most of autumn leaf spots in Tokyo reach their best in the late November, which is the last week of Nov (?), I think...
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestion for my itinerary in November 2019 2019/7/14 19:39
Often, but not always. Check the forecasts later on and see. If you insist on the middle of November, then you may have better luck going to some places higher up like Takao or Okutama.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestion for my itinerary in November 2019 2019/7/17 09:40
Are you going to Korankei for the momiji festival? Becareful of the traffic conditions. We caught the first bus from Joetsu (?), the departing station at about 7am if I remember correctly. The bus was the size of a rent-a car- shuttle and from the first stop, it was packed. It couldn't pick up anyone on the way to Korankei. In addition, there was a traffic jam with everyone wanting to get to Korankei. What was supposed to be a one hour journey, turned into three. In addition, because the road was like a parking lot, we got off and walked the final two miles.
by nealson rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestion for my itinerary in November 2019 2019/7/31 14:54
@nealson: I hope I will not end up the terrible traffic jam. :.. :)
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

reply to this thread