Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/16 17:41
Hi All
can you please recommend me any passes for three days in Tokyo (if it is possible) , My plan is
first day : arrival in Haneda
second day : trip to Kamakura and some places in Tokyou
last day : departure from Japan from Narita

Thank You

Brano
by bdobrotka  

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 14:54
Check the "Rail Passes" section of this website. There are a couple of options for Kamakura, and for Tokyo itself as well. It will depend on exactly where you want to go and how you want to get around (which form of transport).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 19:41
Are these days consecutive?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 21:51
You must buy Greater Tokyo pass 3 Day =7200 yen cover narita airport
Haneda airport.
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 22:17
It depends on where you want to visit in Tokyo. If subways covers most of your needs, you can consider various subway passes. Note that subway does not serve Haneda airport, so you may want to consider combination Keikyu+Metro pass.
https://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/info/discountticket_welcometoky...
https://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/travel/index.html
by Tets O. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 22:24
You must buy Greater Tokyo pass 3 Day =7200 yen cover narita airport
Haneda airport.

Why not a nationwide pass, while you're at it? There are really some weird people here, between the Greater Tokyo Pass groupies, the proud Ritsumeikan students, and now the jrailpass.com spammers...

You'd almost think they're all the same person, but at least the jrailpass.com spammers can use proper English.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 22:25
You'd almost think they're all the same person, but at least the jrailpass.com spammers can use proper English.

Ah, no, my bad, actually they can use copy-and-paste...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/17 23:03
My suggestion is gbuy IC card SUICA or PASMO at Haneda Airport station and charge some moneyh.

Greater Tokyo Pass doesnft cover JR lines, which is the most important railway network including Yokosuka Line going to Kamakura.
Welcome! Tokyo Subway Ticket pays off if you take Keikyu from Haneda Airport and then use subway many times. It doesnft cover JR lines.

But if you are a railway mania and love calculation, make a detailed plan, choose the best pass. You might be able to save 1 or 2 US$.
by Chibanian rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 00:18
There's not really a pass that is going to help you. Just get a prepaid Suica or Pasmo when leaving Haneda and keep enough money loaded on it to cover fares.

Also, not sure you have time to visit Kamakura and Tokyo in one day, but that's another discussion.
by me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 05:12
Thank You all for help , I think JR Tokyo Wide Pass is the best option :)
by bdobrotka rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 05:47
I think JR Tokyo Wide Pass is the best option

I disagree.
For your itinerary, JR Tokyo Wide Pass would not pay off, at least not very easily.

This pass does not cover subway lines in Tokyo or non-JR lines in Kamakura.
When you choose this pass and visit the following spots,
you have to pay separately the fares to get to the nearest station.
: Sensoji Temple in Asakusa
: Tokyo Tower
: Tokyo Skytree
: Kotokuin Temple in Kamakura (the Great Buddha)

last day : departure from Japan from Narita

When in the day is your flight departure scheduled?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 08:44
Greater Tokyo pass - does not include JR and would make getting around very difficult. and at 7,200 it is actually pretty expensive. I visited Enoshima yesterday and even from my starting location in western Tokyo and my 4-5 hours of trains it only cost around 2,700 and 2,200 of that was JR (the monorail to Enoshima was the expensive bit, but saves a transfer and I like it).

Tokyo Wide Pass - more expensive than the GTP above, and while it is good for some users, it is also a little niche.

Most people in Tokyo would spend around 1,000 yen/day with a well designed plan, and use several different companies. For trips to Kamakura/Enoshima, yes, you spend more. The passes on offer do make travelling more difficult/time consuming and really do not save much money. If you want to feel great you saved 200 yen on a 100,000 yen trip to Japan, then by all means, have a go.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 10:07
Ultimately it depends on where specifically you go, and how many places.
For Kamakura/Enoshima, you might consider the Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_003.html

For going around Tokyo, the 2 or 3 day subway pass might save you some good money, with a few caveats. If going all around the city, it likely will help you, although it doesn't go to a few places like the fringes of the city, Odaiba, Haneda, etc. And in some cases using JR might be more efficient. But for the itinerary you give, it probably isn't in your best interest - you are just putting in one full day for Tokyo.

If you want a cheap way to Narita and you leave not too far from Tokyo Station or Ginza, the Access Narita Bus is a good money saver.
http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 15:50
Thank you all for useful information
excuse me but I don't understand why you don't recommend JR Tokyo Wide Pass because it included
- haneda monorail
- Yamanote line
- JR line to kamakyura
- Narita express

Yes only one issue is subway , but mostly it covered Yamanote line .

But perhaps I have wrong information .

I really appreciate your help sirs, thank You again
by bdobrotka rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 16:46
The Yamanote Line doesn't go everywhere in Tokyo.

Make sure the pass you choose pays off - check that it is less expensive than the individual trips combined.
by /It (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 17:43
Most PPs in this thread are trying to tell you that a pass isnft automatically the best choice. Which is true. You always need to compare to the price of the single tickets.

Thank you all for useful information
excuse me but I don't understand why you don't recommend JR Tokyo Wide Pass because it included

Haneda -Tokyo 572 Yen
Tokyo - Kamakura -Tokyo 1836 Yen
Tokyo - Narita by NEX (there are cheaper options though, eg the 1000 yen bus a PP mentioned ) 3017 Yen

Tokyo Wide Pass: 10,000 Yen.

Do unless you want to provide funding to JR, itfs simply not going to pay off. Either buy individual paper tickets or if you like the convenience of it get a Suica or Pasmo for 500 Yen and put money on it.

I personally with only 3 days and assuming (!!!) that you donft plan to come back to Japan soon, would just go with paper tickets. So you donft have the hassle of getting back your 500 Yen at the end of the trip.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/18 17:52
Tokyo Monorail
: 483 yen (IC card fare) per way
for Haneda Airport International Terminal --
Monorail Hamamatsucho.

JR Yamanote Line
: 2000 yen
= Average 200 yen per ride X 10 rides.

JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line
: 1836 yen (IC card fare)
= 2 X 918 yen per way
for Ikebukuro -- Kamakura.

JR Narita Express
: Up to 3390 yen per way
for Ikebukuro -- Narita Airport (Terminal 1).

Total
: 7709 yen.
JR Tokyo Wide Pass (10000 yen) is not likely to pay off.

For your NRT flight departure in the afternoon,
you can take the Access Narita Bus in the morning at 1000 yen from Ginza.
A subway fare until Ginza is less than 300 yen.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/19 00:54
With due respect to omotenashi sir(I remind you,He is,he was,he always our Best Friend), you must buy either GTP or JR Tokyo wide pass.Because this 7200 or 10000 yen is not big amount of money.After return my home country, I feel sad or feel regret ,why I can't go this place, why cant go that place or why I can't get on or get off train.So if I have GTP,then I said myself,I try my maximum level best to see
Japanese island.And this 7200 yen pass is considered as cheapest pass,Even Japanese people pay more than 7200 for a single journey.
However Wish you a Great Travel .
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/19 08:31
you must buy either
No - you do not HAVE to buy any pass. For what the OP has described the passes available are not good for either getting around the different places/companies, and cost much more than necessary.
If they were arriving at Narita I would suggest the N'Ex round trip ticket, but Tokyo to Narita Airport is only 1320 yen anyway.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted pass arround Tokyo 2019/7/19 09:22
Jo, no one HAS to buy any pass, especially if there is a >2000 yen difference between the trips they want to take and the cost of the pass. OP is spending very little time in Japan, so it's highly unlikely they'll travel enough to cover the cost of the pass. They won't be "stuck" and unable to go to other locations; they can buy separate tickets. They still won't make up the difference in price.

You have your own reasons for buying passes, but don't push those reasons onto others and counter everyone else's good advice.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread