Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I still live in Japan 2019/7/17 05:28
Japan seems like a beautiful place and I would like to go there for college and then move there the only problem that I have come across is that i have heard that at least 1 parent has to live in Japan or be japanese. But both my parents are not japanese so I'm wondering if there is any chance at all that I would be able to live in Japan for the rest of my life or if it's just impossible.
by Imjustwondering (guest)  

Re: Can I still live in Japan 2019/7/17 15:28
You have to find your own way to be in Japan.
It has nothing to do with parents, but with getting the correct visa.

You should first check the visa options.

Best way to enter is by finding a company who is willing to sponsor you or by marriage.
But you should try first a language school to see if Japan is really great for you, because it is not always positive as you may think. (like any other country)
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can I still live in Japan 2019/7/18 08:46
only problem that I have come across is that i have heard that at least 1 parent has to live in Japan or be japanese
Where on earth did you come across that???
Look at the Japan Immigration site for obtaining a visa/status of residence.
https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can I still live in Japan 2019/7/18 09:45
There are lots of foreigners living, studying and/or working in Japan without Japanese parents. There are other visa options that don't require Japanese heritage.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread