Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR train pass. Haneda to Mt. Fuji Hakone 2019/7/18 01:31
I just purchased a JR train pass. It noted cannot use Nozomi and Mizuito on Tokaido, Sanyo. How to travel via train using pass from 1) Haneda Airport to Mt. Fuji area or Hakone (is one easier than the other will be hiking up Mt. Fuji) and 2)Mt. Fuji to Kyoto. After hiking all day is it better to stay by Kawaguicko Station or Hakone Odawara? Is getting to one location easier or both about the same? After hike we travel to Kyoto. What is best/easiest train travel. Would be fun to do an onsen in Hakone but not sure if feasible?
by Sharr  

Re: JR train pass. Haneda to Mt. Fuji Hakone 2019/7/18 10:28
JR can only take you as far as Odawara. Between there and Hakone you'll need to pay separately for travel on the private lines.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR train pass. Haneda to Mt. Fuji Hakone 2019/7/18 10:42
Hi!

If you're looking to climb Mt. Fuji you don't want to dink around with Odawara and Hakone-Yumoto.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html

Is this site's info on Mt. Fuji and where the various trail heads are. I guess if you want to take best advantage of your Pass you could use the Fujinomiya Trail which has bus transfer from various shinkansen stations like Mishima and Shin-Fuji.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6930.html

I believe the Yoshida is the most popular trail and you would access that via Kawaguchiko. I believe pass holders need to pay an additional amount for using private line tracks to get there. When you're done climbing it might make sense to either stay in Kawaguchiko or Mishima. It would depend on the trail you use.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: JR train pass. Haneda to Mt. Fuji Hakone 2019/7/18 14:34
I just purchased a JR train pass. It noted cannot use Nozomi and Mizuiho on Tokaido, Sanyo.
You get Hikari, Kodama and Sakura services instead. Less frequent, more stops.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread