Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/18 15:43
Can anyone help?
Ifve just had my temporary visa extension granted for another 90 days but theyfve stamped gfinal extensionh underneath the immigration stamph.
Ifd like to visit Korea at the end of my visa just for a few days then re-Enter Japan for Christmas and New year before returning to the UK. With these words in my passport Ifm afraid I will be turned back at the airport! Can anyone give me any advise and also has this happened to anyone before and what was the outcome? Thanks in advance.
by Resuri22  

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/18 18:24
Hello,

I seems you are from the UK which allows you to stay up to standard 90 days in Japan.
and you can extend again with 90 days (total 180 days per visit)
I think you second extension for another 90 days is done while you are in Japan at the immigration office.

Some options you can do is applying for a long term Stay in Japan (Certain Amount of Income is required :))OR leave Japan and come back a few days later.

It will not impact your entry (Some questions can be asked but I do not think it will be a problem if you legit traveling.)

Often people make a mistake that someone can stay 180 days a year but this is not true.
If you go to the official immigration website there is no mention of 180 days per year rule.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/18 18:42
I am assuming you came into Japan and got Temporary Visitor Status for 90 days, then you went to the immigration office in Japan and had it extended for another 90 days? They are just saying that they wonft give you another gextension.h

If leave Japan once, like you said you would, and come back just for the New Yearfs days before returning to the UK, it should be no problem, though there is no guarantee, as it would not be an gextension.h But be prepared to answer some questions about what you intend to do while in Japan, if you have a return ticket to the UK, if you have sufficient funds to travel, etc.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/19 08:15
Under the visa waiver programme you get 90 days per visit (and in your case you exercised the extension option). Entering after a short trip to Korea is a fresh/new visit so you get a fresh 90 days. It is ok to have over-lapping permit stickers in your passport - I have many in my last one when I was commuting to Japan.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/19 12:04
Thank you so much for responding to my question. I am indeed from the UK and have been travelling around quite a bit over the past year but Japan has been my favourite destination that I keep returning to as I have a friend here. I indeed requested an extension and was granted one but it was just the final extension stamp that worried me. However I feel slightly better now as I was worried that Ifd get turned back at Hanida after being to Korea. Thanks again for the info ...
by Resuri22 rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/19 12:42
maybe..maybe not
as mentioned by AK , it is all depend on the immigration office handling your entry at the airport that particular day.
What you are trying to do, the officer may constitute it as a 'visa run', and if the officer is having his day he may refuse your entry.
So you better have something good and solid to back you up if push comes to shove.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/19 15:33
Stop scaring people.

Immigration can ask questions.
Yes is may be called visa run, but as long if it is for traveling purpose there is no reason to deny access.
I know enough people who did traveling like that, including myself.
Yes I was asked if I worked in Japan and why I came to Japan, but never got refused.

If OP has a return ticked than he is free to travel, only extension can not be done anymore for one year.
If OP leaves Japan on time than there should not be an issue.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/19 16:17
Refusal of entry is a pretty rare event, and usually because there are other non-disclosed "issues". The op has valid travel. Saying an immigration officer might be having a bad day and arbitrarily denying entry to Japan to someone on the visa waiver programme is going to make their day a whole lot worse for themselves rather than the OP.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Final Extension stamp on passport 2019/7/21 13:31
Thank you for the info, itfs very much appreciated
by Resuri22 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread