Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/21 04:09
I'm a filipino and I have a japanese boyfriend and help me with my tourist visa..But got pregnant while staying here in Japan..He is willing to acknowledge the baby..But can I extend my stay here in Japan because we want the baby to be born here..How about my tourist visa?
Thanks in advance!
by Princess Anne Buen (guest)  

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/21 13:18
I doubt that you can extend your visa longer than 15 days.

Of course if your Japanese is up to conversation level, your boyfriend could ask an immigration office.

OR he could just look for it online in a 10 second search. Immigration has many languages available to those willing to search themselves.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/21 13:59
There are really no grounds to extend a tourist visa. Immigration recognize marriage as a relationship for granting a visa (spouse of Japanese national), anything else doesn't really register (even being engaged to be married.)
If in doubt check with immigration directly - they are the experts of course.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/22 08:58
Pregnant is no ground for extension. You may try and get a 15 days extra but that is all.
You need to go through the same procedure as everyone else if you want to be together in Japan.

Why you want to deliver the baby in Japan?
If you deliver the baby in Japan you will have to pay full cost since you are not working here.
I do not think it will be suitable.

If the baby is born in your home country and your bf recognize the baby he can apply at city hall to get the baby a Japanese nationality but you are not and still you need to go through immigration procedure.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/22 10:02
The mother or father of japanese baby becomes eligible for spouse visa. You have good chance to get spouse visa if your boyfriend support. I saw many examples. The guy overstaying in japan and his japanese girl friend become pregnant. They all got visa because they are father of japanese national.
by Guest40 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/22 10:23
@Guest40

I understand you intention but is not true.
A spouse visa can be applied if the are married. In this case they are not married

OP can apply for a child of a Japanese nationality but can be done after the baby is born and received a Japanese nationality.

OP can give birth in Japan but cost are not covered by insurance etc, since OP is not a resident of Japan.
Op can give birth in the Philippines and the father can recognize the child and apply for the child Japanese nationality.

After that OP can go through the same process as anyone else.

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/22 10:29
@GUEST 40

No, don't think it work that way.

Getting pregnant/giving birth won't get you spouse visa. You need to be officially MARRIED in order to apply/get spouse visa.
You may get/try for long term visa if so happened that before/once your child is born, the Japanese father officially acknowledge it and have the child registered in his koseki.
Read this https://www.tokyoimmigration.jp/?p=190

An extension to your tourist visa won't be possible just because tourist visa is for tourism purpose, unless your reason for extension is tourism related, doubt it will be entertain.

Furthermore, being a filipino or 3rd world country just complicated the problem more.

Consult with your BF or any immigration lawyer on your situation, checkout the best option available.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/22 11:50
@..

Please do not use the word 3rd country for this content.
The meaning has nothing to do with a countries poverty or level of life.
Even Sweden and Finland are official 3rd world.

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/23 00:42
since you have still plenty time to get married until you get child delivery, why don't you get married ?
it is the easiest solution.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/29 16:04
You won't get a visa even if you get married. All you can do is go back to the Philipines, get married, apply for a spouse visa and hope to God they don't decline it because they think you got pregnant in the hopes of living in Japan.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i'm a tourist in japan and got pregnant 2019/7/29 17:17
Don't listen to anything that was said here and go consult a lawyer.

Most importantly, do not under any circumstances let your visa expire while staying in Japan. If you ever find yourself staying illegally, immigration will be much less sympathetic to your situation.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread