Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/27 08:50
Hello All,

I am planning a trip to Japan in November, 2-3 weeks. But I am having difficulties with the logistics of the trip.

Can someone help me with what would be the best itinerary routes, (How many days should I stay in Miyako- jima, what are the must see sites in Japan, etc)
I am hoping I can fly out of an airport to Miyako and then fly back to Tokyo for my my flight home.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
by MirSev  

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/27 12:09
What exactly are you having difficulties with?

The best route is the one that suits you.

There is no such thing as a "must see site".
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/27 12:31
I am trying not to waste time. I would like advise on what cities or places best make sense for me to eventually make it to a city that has flights to Miyako Island.
by MirSev rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/27 12:43
Miyako has year-round direct flights to Tokyo (Haneda), Osaka (Kansai), and Nagoya (Chubu), as well as flights to Fukuoka in the summer, in adition to other places inside Okinawa (Naha, Tarama, Ishigaki).

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/31 11:09
Thanks for the information, I am really having a hard time deciding logistically what makes more sense.

i.e start in Tokyo stay 2 days move to XYZ then take the train to XYZ from there stay 3 days visit YYY then go to XYZ and catch the flight to Miyako

what would make more sense and also not to spend so much time and money

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/31 11:47
It really depends on which places you want to visit besides Miyako.

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/31 12:02
As a PP said it really depend on you, but in general November is autumn foliage season in "the golden route" including Tokyo and Kyoto. Northern part of Japan is already winter but not so many snow in November, so it is not so scenic no winter sports, just cold. So, in general your best bet would be Kansai (Kyoto, Nara, Osaka etc) and Tokyo. If you want to fly out of Tokyo, you may want to start from Osaka's Kansai Airport.

Kansai Airport. Stay Kansai area for 5 days.
Fly from Kansai to Miyako. Stay there for several days.
Fly from Miyako to Tokyo.

There are direct flights by legacy airlines such as JAL and ANA and the flight fare for foreigners is around 100 USD one way (both for Kansai to Miyako and Miyako to Tokyo).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/31 13:58
Sorry to say this, but what you are asking is like saying I want to go to the USA but need to go to Hawaii, where should I go. It's way too vague
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/31 14:19
Not worth asking if you cannot make a plan by yourself.
First decide what you want and ask advise.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/7/31 17:07
This forum will not plan your trip for you, it will only help with specific questions. You need to see a travel agent if you cannot decide where to go or do your own research.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/8/1 09:21
Thanks for the information, I am really having a hard time deciding logistically what makes more sense.

i.e start in Tokyo stay 2 days move to XYZ then take the train to XYZ from there stay 3 days visit YYY then go to XYZ and catch the flight to Miyako

what would make more sense and also not to spend so much time and money

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/8/1 09:23
@frog1954 Thanks so much for your response. At least now have an idea of the cities I should be looking to add in my travels vs just going randomly everywhere.

Thanks much everyone :)

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/8/1 15:37
"XYZ" doesn't let us help. YOU need to decide where YOU want to go on YOUR trip. If you want suggestions, that's a different question than logistics. Do some research on this site to pick locations. Perhaps start with a map of Japan, so you can pick a logical route.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/8/1 19:21
This part of the JG website will be helpful

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Travel in Japan with Miyako included 2019/8/2 13:09
not spend so much time and money
Then make you trip shorter and do not move around to other places.
If you have something like two weeks, then you have some places to go. If you want a budget trip, don't do lots of long distance travel and stay in one spot longer. You can spend a long time in Tokyo and another location (Kyoto is popular due to its attractions), but it really depends on what you want to see/do/experience in Japan. I could suggest something that interests me, but you might hate.

Maybe do some more research, otherwise you will waste time and money on a trip.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread