Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student commuter pass 2019/7/31 05:31
How can we calculated students season pass(1,3,6 months).Hyperdia provides only adult commuter/teikiken price.
by Lisa (guest)  

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/7/31 10:34
You can ask the railway company directly or consult its website. Maybe other tools such as Jorudan or Navitime have it as well?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/7/31 11:27
Below is an example.

https://www.tokyometro.jp/lang_en/transit/index.php?result=1&lang=en&p...

As far as I know there is no comprehensive site which calculate the price of student commuter pass. Just go to the companies website.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/7/31 20:51
Nameless person,Thanks so much.This is the website, I am Looking for
Suppose,From hyperdia ,from Osaka to Kyoto=
16530,47100,79310 yen(1,3,6 months)
So if I have student visa,then from given website, it cost
7520,21460,40650 yen(1,3,6 months).
Your help is highly appreciated.
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/7/31 20:54
Having a "student visa" does NOT automatically make you eligible for a student commuter pass. Ask your school whethet you qualify for it.

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/1 01:13
If my university permitted, As a commuter pass holder ,can I travel with my child(age 5),without extra charge.

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/1 08:40
Children under 6 always travel free (except when using reserved seats).

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/1 21:25
Do you think,my understanding is correct?
I don't need extra charge For child age below 6:
Non reserved Local train
Non reserved Limited Express train
Non reserved shinkansen train

I will pay seat fee for First class/Green car or reserved Ltd express or shinkansen seat for child age 5.

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/2 19:06
I think,your understanding is correct.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/2 19:20
Not quite. If your child occupies a reserved seat, you must pay the full child price (base fare and "seat fee").

For the base fare, as well as for the "seat fee" for ordinary class reserved seats, the child price is half the adult price.

For the "seat fee" for Green class reserved seats, for GranClass and for sleeping cars, the child price is the same as the adult price.

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/2 21:36
you can buy a student commuter pass only between your home and your school with no detour. (i.e. you can't buy any arbitrary routes and directions.)

base fare and "seat fee"
this understanding may make confusions.

it should be "base fare and limited express fee".
there are variations in limited express fee:
limited express fee with no seat reservation and limited express fee with seat reservation.
if your child don't use a seat, it is free. (your child will be considered as small luggage. your have to carry your "luggage" in your seat.)
so, when your child use a seat even in non-reserved cars in shinkansen, you have to pay child base fare and child limited express fee with no reservation.

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/3 16:07
when your child use a seat even in non-reserved cars in shinkansen, you have to pay child base fare and child limited express fee with no reservation.

That is absolutely false. The general rule is that children under 6 travel free, period. Then there are some exceptions, such as when the child uses a reserved seat. A child using an unreserved seat is not among the exceptions, so the general rule applies and the child travels free.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/kippu/06.html

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/3 16:48
your child will be considered as small luggage. your have to carry your "luggage" in your seat.

And this, what the hell? No, a child is not "luggage", you despicable person.

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/4 03:05
Thanks every one for your kind information.

Re: Student commuter pass 2019/8/4 03:05
Thanks every one for your kind information.

reply to this thread