Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karting in Tokyo 2019/8/5 17:26
I want to reserve a slot for karting in Tokyo. I'm thinking doing a 2 hour course or maybe 3 hours, preferably from Akihabara.

Where's the best place to purchase tickets online that offers good value for money?
by Dan353850  

Re: Karting in Tokyo 2019/8/5 19:42
I don't know what you mean by "karting" around Tokyo. But if you mean those dreadful machines with people in costumes, then here's one: https://kart.st/en/tokyobay.html
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Karting in Tokyo 2019/8/5 20:41
Please rethink this. You will be a in a tiny go-kart on busy city roads. You will be far lower than the rest of the traffic, potentially out of sight of large vehicles such as trucks, without the safety of a car frame around you and often no helmet. You will receive little safety training. You will be a hazard and nuisance to locals just going about their days. It's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or killed in these activities.

If you wouldn't want go-karts zipping around you when you're trying to drive to work, and wouldn't ride a go-kart on the busiest road you can think of, don't do it.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Karting in Tokyo 2019/8/6 03:52
gIf you wouldn't want go-karts zipping around you when you're trying to drive to workh

This is what it boils down to for me. The whole business is having tourists behaving badly.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Karting in Tokyo 2019/8/6 10:23
It's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured
Lots of accidents already reported - a couple serious. They seem to be having an accident one per week.
Make sure you have good travel insurance.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread