Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alternative to Kiso Valley 2019/8/6 19:46
Hi,
i would like to know if there is an alternative spot/village around Osaka or Kyoto or Hamamatsu for enjoying rural historical village architecture like Tsumago or Magome in Kiso Valley. We would like to avoid the far ride with local trains and don't have the JR Pass. We will be in Osaka, Kyoto, Hamamatsu and Tokyo. Thank you for any suggestions.
by Hannes (guest)  

Re: Alternative to Kiso Valley 2019/8/7 15:25
Look into information for Asuka region (eg Imaicho) , Lake Biwa or Wakayama Prefecture (eg Dorogawa onsen). A signed walking path in Yamanobe no michi is also available) Nara Prefecture.

Here my trips to Nara Prefecture:

http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/search/label/Nara

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alternative to Kiso Valley 2019/8/8 15:05
The small towns of Mino (get out of train at Umeyama Station, so you will be in old part of city) and Guji Hachiman have some preserved screets similar to it. Also you might try Kurashiki (but it is more far away)
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Alternative to Kiso Valley 2019/8/8 15:08
From Tokyo there is also Sawara. Specially if you fly out of Narita it would make for a good trip on your last / first day in Japan.

And obviously Kamakura.

I do not suggest Kawagoe as I am not a big fan of it.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread