Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko or Hakone? 2019/8/7 11:44
We will be traveling to the Kumano Kodo region after spending 4 days in Tokyo. We want to spend one night in the Mt. Fuji region on the way. Kawaguchiko looks prettier and less touristy but out of the way. Would we be better off to just take a Shinkansen to Hakone, then on to Nagoya and Shingu?
by Lisa McClure (guest)  

Re: Kawaguchiko or Hakone? 2019/8/7 12:47
Hakone via Odawara is much easier to access. And will save to heaps of time when traveling to Shingu. But it isnt part of the Fujisan region.

by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko or Hakone? 2019/8/7 13:02
kawaguchiko is easy to get to. There's the LTD. EXP. FUJI EXCURSION from shinjuku that takes you to kawaguchiko station in 2 hours. You can also take other trains to otsuki and then transfer to the fujikyu train. You can get a bus pass to travel around to kawaguchiko's main attractions. I've been to both places, and I prefer kawaguchiko. It is less touristy and your fijisan views (weather permitting) will be breathtaking. I've mentioned this before in other responses, but don't pass up going to the itchiku kubota art museum.
by nealson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread