Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka-Shirakawago-Kyoto-Osaka 2019/8/12 17:40
Hi all,
Here is my draft itinerary. Sorry a bit long post. Is the plan okay? Appreciate if you could help to advise, suggest or comments for my trip please. I also need some advise of which passes thatfs more suitable.

28 Oct (Day 1)
– Arrive in Kansai @ 9.10pm
– Staying in Osaka-Namba
Q(a) : Do you think we can make it on time to catch the Nankai Railway after getting through immigration and everything? Do we need to book in advance?

29 Oct (Day 2)
– Osaka Castle, Osaka Aquarium, Tempozan Ferris Wheel, Umeda Sky building for sunset
– Staying in Osaka-Namba

30 Oct (Day 3)
– Nara Deer Park, Namba, Shinsaibashi, Dotonbori
– Staying in Osaka-Namba
Q(b) : What pass I should buy for D2 & D3 above? Osaka amazing pass or aquarium Kaiyukan Pass, or both?
Q(c) : What is the cheapest way to get from Osaka to Nara park?

01 Nov (Day 4)
– Check out hotel & heading to Kanazawa by Limited Express Thunderbird
(1st train 6.30am arrival 9.13am)
– Kenrokuen Garden, Omicho Market, Higashi Chaya district, Shima Teahouse, try the gold leaf ice cream at Hakuichi, 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art
– Staying in Kanazawa

02 Nov (Day 5)
– Kanazawa to Shirakawa-Go by Nohi Bus
(1st bus 8.10am arrival 9.25am)
– Visit the Ogimachi Castle Ruins Lookout & explore the inside of a thatch-roof house
– Shirakawa-Go to Takayama by Nohi Bus
(departure 2.35pm arrival 3.25pm)
– Takayama Old Town, Sakurayama Hachimangu Shrine
– Staying in Takayama
Q(d) : Is the Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass covered all the transportation (bullet train & bus) for D4 & D5 above? Need to book in advance?

02 Nov (Day 6)
– Leave from Takayama in early morning for Kyoto (by Limited Express Wide View Hida to Nagoya & change Shinkansen to Kyoto)
– Gio District, Kyoto Tower, Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji, Pontocho, Ryoanji and Ninnaji
– Stay close to Kyoto Station
Q(e) : Can I use the Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass to travel from Takayama to Kyoto? If no, please advise accordingly?

03 Nov (Day 7)
– Ayashima Bamboo Forest (early morning), Philosopherfs Path, Ginkakuji temple, Inari Fukushi shrine
– Staying close to Kyoto Station

04 Nov (Day 8)
– Kiyomizudera Temple, Kinkakuji temple , Nishiki market
– Staying close to Kyoto Station
Q(f) : For D6 to D8 in Kyoto, what pass should I use for? ICOCA or Kansai Thru Pass?

05 Nov (Day 9)
– From Kyoto travel back to Osaka
– Osaka Kuromon Market, Shinsekai

06 Nov (Day 10)
– Depart from Kansai @ 9.25am

Many thanks in advance.
by Denise (guest)  

Re: Osaka-Shirakawago-Kyoto-Osaka 2019/8/13 15:46
1) Nara, you only want to go and see the deer? No interest in Todaiji or kasuga shrine ? Thatfs okay, your trip, but a bit surprising.
2) day 6 seems to be really full. When do you arrive in Kyoto? I would guess around noon.
3) Sunset, just be aware that itfs really early. Even in summer.
4) You have Kinkakuji twice.
5) I donft think you need to change hotel for the last night. Look it up, but there should be early morning transport from Kyoto to KIX as well.
6) regarding the pass read here: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html Kyoto is included but ONLY if you go back through Kanazawa. Nagoya-Kyoto is not included.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka-Shirakawago-Kyoto-Osaka 2019/8/13 17:54
Q(a): More then enough time unless there is a major flight delay.
(b)Kaiyukan Pass should be more suitable, you have to do the maths to see if Amazing Pass able to cover the places u are going to.
(c)Kintetsu-Nara Line, Osaka-Namba Station to Kintetsu-Nara Station. \560
(d) Yes
(e)As per LikeBike mentioned, via Kanazawa instead of Nagoya.
(f)ICOCA is enough, maybe a 1 day bus pass for 1 of the day you will be using bus more, like going to Ginkakuji, 3 trips would already cover up the cost of the pass.

Day 6 You might want to consider the morning market before leaving Takayama?
Seems to be very pack, maybe can reshuffle abit. Fushimi Inari and Kiyomizudera then Gion at night? Arrange the rest to Day 7 & 8 accordingly.

Day 9 For me i would switch Shinsekai with Shinsaibashi on Day 3, since is the last day, and u finish all the sightseeing places, i suppose it is shopping all the way!
by Delardino rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka-Shirakawago-Kyoto-Osaka 2019/8/14 01:12
When I was in Kanazawa in April 2017, I couldn't get a bus ticket to go to Shirakawago on the same day or the next. I don't know if this is a common situation. I also don't know if you can buy them online or make reservations earlier.
by nealson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread