Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Permanent residency (eijyuken) 2019/8/20 11:36
Hi,
Basically Ifm currently under gspouse visah, about to renew, and I know Ifm now eligible for permanent residency (eijyuken).
However Ifm not sure if Ifll will stay in Japan in a couple of years.
In a couple of years I may go back to my country for a while and come back to Japan in the future. Situation is unsure for the moment.

I know with the eijyuken, and by getting the necessary permission, it is possible to go outside Japan for up to 5 years, but what is the situation if the period exceed 5 years?
I mean even if properly declaring that Ifm not to come back within 5 years (so eijyuken to be revocated obviously) will it impact future visa request for eijyuken (once you loose it can you get it back?).

Thank you for your feedback and personal experience.
by Max (guest)  

Re: Permanent residency (eijyuken) 2019/8/20 15:27
If you know that you won't be coming back within 5 years, just say so at the border when exiting. They will cancel your residence status, just like for any other resident who leaves Japan for good. No problem.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency (eijyuken) 2019/8/23 23:05
Yes, of course.
My question is regarding the grenewalh of the eijyuken (getting it for the second time).
If I get the eijyuken first, and it is revoked (because I leave Japan for a long period), how difficult is it to get it back then (because I come back to Japan).

Considering I already got it once, is it easier to re-apply, or (my worry) does it become difficult or impossible to get it a second time?
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency (eijyuken) 2019/8/23 23:17
If you declare when exiting that you are leaving Japan for good, then your status is not revoked, it's just a normal departure. Revocation is something else.

As PR applications are very case-by-case, it is not possible to say what effect if any having held PR in the past will have on future applications.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency (eijyuken) 2019/8/26 07:34
Considering I already got it once, is it easier to re-apply, or (my worry) does it become difficult or impossible to get it a second time?

I think it will be treated as a completely new case. If anything, it may be a little easier, but I wouldn't expect so. Unless you have done something wrong the first time around, there is no reason that it will become more difficult the second time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency (eijyuken) 2019/8/26 09:55
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+121424

Read above.
If/To retain your PR while living outside Japan for certain period.
You should apply for re-entry permit (not special re-entry) at immigration office.
This re-entry permit will last you 5 years. Cost 4,000yen(single entry) or 6,000yen(multiple entry).

Make sure your zairyu card (PR:7years) don't expired while abroad.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread