Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teaching English while in school 2019/8/25 09:43
Hello All,

I'm currently working on my degree in Computer Science, and I was wondering if there are any teaching programs that would allow me to work while still in school. Most of the programs I've seen require a Bachelors, but I think it would be an amazing experience to teach in Japan while completing my degree. My classes are all online, so moving abroad wouldn't be an issue for me. Are there any programs that would let me teach while still in school? Thanks in advance!
by shelby08  

Re: Teaching English while in school 2019/8/25 15:34
I could only think of a WHV, if you have the right to apply for that.

In order to work in Japan you need a visa. And for getting that you need a university degree. Which you havenft yet.

You also wouldnft be eligible for a student visa as you are not studying IN Japan. (Such a visa would allow part time job).

WHV is only for people from some countries that have a convention with Japan about those visa.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Teaching English while in school 2019/8/25 17:33
@LikeBike Please do not suggest a WHV to people who just want to work. That's not its purpose, and it encourages fraudulent applications.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Teaching English while in school 2019/8/25 22:11
The OP is from the United States, so perhaps the nationality is the same. If true, then the WHV is a moot point: US nationals are not allowed to participate in the Working Holiday Visa.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Teaching English while in school 2019/8/26 23:13
Thanks for the input everyone. I suppose I'll just have to settle for a vacation.
by shelby08 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread