Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JP Post Bankbook / Cash Card 2019/8/26 14:48
Hello, sorry if this is super simple or has been asked before.
I started working in Tokyo last month and I am supposed to get paid on the 25th of every month. I recently opened an account with JP post and they gave me a bank book and a cash card. I checked my balance this morning at a local atm using the cash card and it said I still hadnft received my pay yet. I checked it at around 2:30 pm. Does payment usually take longer to process in Japan? Or did I do something wrong in my card registration?
Thank you!
by re (guest)  

Re: JP Post Bankbook / Cash Card 2019/8/26 19:48
From what I've read here, it may take another month for the pay cycles to normalize.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: JP Post Bankbook / Cash Card 2019/8/27 08:48
Case by case, most likely the full salary will be received on the second month.
When you quite your company you will receive one month salary after your resign date.

Also since 25 is on a Sunday that I think should be 26 Monday when the payment is done.

If you still did not receive the payment, you could check with your company the current situation if they pay first month or second month after you got hired.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: JP Post Bankbook / Cash Card 2019/8/27 09:22
Some employers (courteously) pay on the weekday BEFORE when the payday falls on the weekend, and others pay on the day AFTER weekend. In case they paid it on the 26th, and if they paid a bit late in the day, it might be processed on the day after. So by this morning (27th) you might have it in your account.

If not, please check with your employer; since you started working glast month,h your employer might wait until youfve worked a gfull calendar monthh to start paying. I donft know what date of the month you began work, but just a possibilityc Meaning, if you began working on July 15th for example, they might wait until youfve worked til the end of August, and pay you for the month and a half on Sept. 25th.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JP Post Bankbook / Cash Card 2019/8/27 11:17
Ahh thanks for all the replies, I finally received a notice from my hr that it was due to a bank issue so it should process as normal now. Thanks though!
by re (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread