Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 07:06
Hi everyone so directly coming to the point. I have spouse resident status and last month I have fight with my wife just oral fight no touched but my wife gone to police station and registered complaint about me that I threat her that I will kill her with knife and then I was in the home the police came and bring me to the police station after alot of investigation they finally sign a 10 days ordered form a judge and then they shift me to their prison inside the police station waiting for next courts hearing. I remain there for 10 days but before the 10 days ends my wife came to the police station and cancel her complaint against me and told to the police that I love my husband that's was just a little fight and want him back and then after 10 days they release me safely so now I am very worried about permanent resident application in future will this is a crime? Should I mention it in my renewal and in permanent application in future? Will this act all effects my application always? To cause the rejection? Please I need your advices and comments about my situation
by Maddy (guest)  

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 10:51
Doubtful it will affect anything, as no conviction was recorded in courts.

Seek advice from a lawyer to be 100% safe with all your options.

---

On a personal note. And only a observation from an outsider. But do you want to continue a relationship with someone that is willing to lie to police to get you locked up? It is very unfair for someone to be emotionally and unlawfully abused like that.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 10:56
First of all, you need to consider if you should stay with your wife.
It seems she controlling you.

Having a verbal fight is seen as a crime in Japan.
I do not know and also I do not care what has been said, but if treating a person this can be seen as a crime. But if your wife is falsifying the information than she has a problem.

Since you have been arrested and have been locked for 10 days this can have influence on you application.
You did not went to court which makes it less sever, but still you are recorded at the Police.

I have also some fights with my wife but going to the police is really using her power.
defiantly I would leave her. If you are doing it because of a spouse visa and take the risk it will happen again is your decision.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 11:03
Now my wife is OK and already I mentioned that she came to police station before my 10 days detained ends and cancel her complaint against me and now also she will support me in my status renewals I hope so lawyer I think no need my question is only that I have now a 1 year status so do this matter will effects getting a longer period of stay? Like 3 or 5 years and also if I make it to the longer period then next problem is permanent resident do police provide these record to the immigration? Will this act csn effects permanent resident application? And about my wife lie or true is that she tell the truth not a lie she broke my laptop camera also police recorded that and then I take a knife which we used in kitchen and I said OK now also killed me if you don't like but she told the police that I told her that I will kill you. I also record my statement that I never touched her and I never told her that I will kill you I just told her thst take thid knife and kill me that's all.
by Maddy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 11:14
@justmyday thank you for meaningful response unfortunately I can't leave her and I don't have other solutions to leave her and stay in Japan the only way is to keep this marriage for staying in Japan. And she is not a bad women she loved me cared me and full support me every time and we have fights before also but this was the first time she called the police and this happened now I am very worried about for my future plans regarding the resident status renewals and permanent residency.

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 11:54
Having a verbal fight is seen as a crime in Japan.

No, it's not a crime.
If you lie around about someone to put her reputation down, it's a crime. Or if you threatened her with words like "I'll kill you", it's also a crime.
Just a normal verbal fight? No.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 12:11
She told the police that my husband told me that I will kill you. But I told the police that I never told her like this I told the police that I told my wife that OK kill me now if you think I am wrong. Not kill you "kill me".

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 16:41
Some people speak without any knowledge here.
Nothing will happened to you and it will not influence your visa renewal.

Also, you should not stay with a person that you do not love just for the sake of staying in Japan.
This is a desperate move IMHO.
by mytwocents (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 18:19
Guys have a updates this was my first year in Japan so week ago before we fight I applied also for my status renewal and then I got arrested but today me and my wife gone to the immigration to inquire why my status takes so long two weeks and then today immigration officer told us that your card is ready to pick just pay now 4000 thousands yen I paid and got the new card with one year again we asked why I takes two weeks he tell us that the police called the immigration that these couple have a fight and staff their renewal until the matter solves

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/28 18:22
when there is no possibility to be a crime, police will not force to keep you in the station.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/29 15:55
They can keep you 21 days without any real reason.
Your wife saying you did something bad is good enough.
by mytwocents (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/8/29 19:40
Does my this act will effect my permanent residency request in future and getting the 3 year long term status??

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/2 01:28
No, likely will not affect anything, the immigration office will likely never know unless you tell them since there won't be any records.
Japan police is pretty loose on these types of things, and will almost never press charges.

I have friend who was physically beaten by her ex-bf to the point her entire face swelled up, and her ex-bf posted verbal threats to kill her on social media as well and the police did nothing claiming not enough evidence.
by no (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/2 11:27
You are right but I mentioned before that immigration already know about it but after this problem I got very easily my first renewal of resident status with no problem just in one week I got my new resident card after this problem but it's 1 year only this time now I am only worried about getting 3 year period of stay I am paying all taxes and pension and my wife also paid all taxes but the only problem was that my arrest and fight with wife. Doe's it matter in getting 3 years period of stay?

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/3 01:11
Why are you more worried about your residency status than staying with your terrible wife. You need to be talking with a lawyer instead of a forum!
by Tuna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/3 11:51
She not terrible wife she is very kind and nice wife she help and support me alot here in Japan but that time when we fight it's not all her mistake I have also and she was just worried and afraid that time that's why she called the police and after my arrest she came to police station two times to cancel her complaint but unfortunately I spent 10 days in police station and after I was released. But now I have a record in police record so I am just worried if it's matter in my future that's what I am asking here?

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/3 15:41
This is the problem between you and your wife

The two words are worried and afraid

If she is worried and afraid of fight than more is happening.
Me and my wife also have sometimes fight (normal and healthy in a relationship) but being scarred or worried is not healthy and something is structurally not good.

She should not have gone to the police because she is afraid or worried, she could leave and walk, or you could do the same.

It sounds almost you stay with her because of visa, but I do not know you well so I will not judge.
But anyway try to fix this issue because next time it will happen again and maybe you are less lucky.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/3 16:58
@Justmyday you are totally talking about another thing I just simply asked that my arrest of 10 days will matter at getting 3 year extension? Or in getting permanent? Or it's just normal husband wife fight and it doesn't matter if someone is been arrested through wife complaint and then after release because wife cancel the complaint and bring him back to home..

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/3 23:30
No, she sounds like a terrible person. She lied and let you sit in a police station for 10 days.
I advise divorcing her and find a better way to stay in Japan.
by Tuna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it a crime? Will it effect my future plan? 2019/9/4 12:07
Is there any chances to change to long term? I have to sponsors one my brother permanent resident and other his Japanese wife both are ready anytime to give me a guarantee and documents but I am not sure to get long term as I am in Japan 1 year and some months

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

reply to this thread