Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Supplimentary credit card for wife? 2019/8/31 17:35
Hello,

I have a GTN Epos Visa credit card (got rejected by others but GTN approved as they were my property agent for my current rental).

I would like to get a supplimentary credit card for my wife (she's also a foreigner, works full time but earns a lot less than me). My Japanese is only around JLPT N4 level so I'm struggling to find the option in the online membership portal. Even with Google translate I can't seem to find the option.

Is this allowed in Japan and do they call it something different here?

Just wondering if anyone here can shed some light on it before I head to the Marui department store and try to ask them myself :)

Thank you
by SZQ  

Re: Supplimentary credit card for wife? 2019/9/1 08:13
I searched the Epos card website, and Epos cards in general do not seem to provide any "family/companion card" ("kazoku card").

This GTN Epos card is intended for foreigners using the GTN service; you might try asking the rental company if your wife would be eligible for the card too.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Supplimentary credit card for wife? 2019/9/1 14:34
Thank you for your reply! It was helpful as I didn't know about the term "family card".

I check will check with GTN tomorrow.
by SZQ rate this post as useful

Re: Supplimentary credit card for wife? 2019/9/1 15:38
What you can try as well is to get another credit card. I know this sounds strange but in my experience once you pass the hurdle of getting ONE credit card in Japan getting approved for a SECOND at a different bank gets easier.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Supplimentary credit card for wife? 2019/9/1 16:44
You mean get another card for myself and give to my wife to use? Interesting idea... sounds a bit dodgy though :)

Or do you mean apply for a "family card" with another provider? I may try this!

I guess she could apply for one herself but her salary is pretty low so doubtful she would get approved.

First I'll see what GTN say and also try Marui customer service (I believe they are the providers for the Epos card).

Thanks both of you! I appreciate the input.
by SZQ rate this post as useful

Re: Supplimentary credit card for wife? 2019/9/1 17:05
No, you can’t let your wife use your card in your name… that is dodgy.. I am sure that what LikeBike meant is to get another credit card from another credit card company/bank in YOUR NAME where they do offer companion card/family card.

I would first ask GTN if your wife is eligible for a card on her own, she is your family member, so they might accommodate her as their customer’s spouse.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread