Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan University/College Sports 2019/9/2 18:32
Hi! I'm heading to Japan to complete my degree and had a question about college sports. Can I compete in inter collegiate basketball if I'm not Japanese? Thank you.

by Patrick (guest)  

Re: Japan University/College Sports 2019/9/2 21:44
the answer is yes but there is one point that you need to take in consideration

it depends on the university you are trying to apply ,they accept foreigners in their team if they are good enough but there is a limit . my friend is in one team and they can only have 4 foreigners per team..
by storm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan University/College Sports 2019/9/2 21:51
Another thing is that some teams are strong while others aren't or even not meant to be.

Strong teams may have more limits, because they need to be picky about which athletes to accept in order to compete with the best. Meanwhile, there are always "circles" in universities that are more about having fun. The circles usually welcome all or can guide you to an alternative, except that they're not really meant to compete in real tournaments.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japan University/College Sports 2019/9/2 22:47
Thank you! As a small follow up, is there a number of years eligibility or an age limit on your playing in college?
by Patrick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread