Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stay in Japan 3 months more after graduation 2019/9/2 20:33
Hello everyone.

I have been here in Japan close to 2 years studying Japanese.

I will graduate soon and my school is pushing me to leave at the end of this month (September), but my visa (student visa) finishes at the end of December, so I have 3 months more.

So I have been talking to them about that but they insist and say that I have to leave this month.

I am going to ask in the immigradition office but before doing it I wanted to ask you all in case you know about this situation or have any advice for me.

Thank you in advance
by George (guest)  

Re: Stay in Japan 3 months more after graduation 2019/9/3 07:04
Don't listen to the school.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Japan 3 months more after graduation 2019/9/3 08:45
School cannot force nor can they require you to leave, only immigration can.
Your student visa is valid until it expires and/or until you no longer fulfill its requirements, i.e. your program finishes. You cannot stay more than 3 months on your student visa.

If you want to travel before you leave, you can go to the local immigration office and switch to a short-term visa/visa waiver (whichever applies to your nationality).
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Japan 3 months more after graduation 2019/9/3 17:14
Hello everyone, thank you very much for all your opinions and information shared.

I have been today at immigration center and they confirmed me I can stay in Japan those three months. The answer was "some schools want students to leave soon but you have those 3 months".

by George (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Japan 3 months more after graduation 2019/9/3 21:29
by Yolli Fernanda (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread