Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Look for a job after graduation 2019/9/3 17:42
Hi there. I am going to graduate soon, but I still have 3 months in my student visa. Apart from preparing for the next JLPT test on December, I have been until now doing some interviews.

My question is, after graduating, may I continue looking for a job? I mean, can I still go to interviews and look for a working visa?

Maybe it is not an important question, but today I heard at the school that after graduation I should stop my job hunting. I want to check if it's for real or just a lie.

Please, let me know
by Mark (guest)  

Re: Look for a job after graduation 2019/9/4 11:33
School cannot force nor can they require you to leave, only immigration can.
Your student visa is valid until it expires and/or until you no longer fulfill its requirements, i.e. your program finishes. You cannot stay MORE THAN 3 months on your student visa after you finish your school.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Look for a job after graduation 2019/9/4 14:45
Yes, I know I can stay those three months. That's what I plan to do.

The question is, can I apply for a job or take an interview while living in those three months?

My academy is saying that I can stay here in Japan, but I can not do job hunting.

So I would like to hear if anybody knows or have any kind of experience with this.
by Mark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Look for a job after graduation 2019/9/4 15:16
Since Job hunting is not work related or visa related you can just search for a job.
Difficult part is to find a company who is willing to sponsor you for the correct visa.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Look for a job after graduation 2019/9/4 16:46
Thank you for your advise.

I was thinking similar, but I wanted to confirm it.
by Mark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Look for a job after graduation 2019/9/5 13:24
When are you graduating?
You should be looking for a job about ~1 year from graduation NOT after you graduate.
by Jop (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread