Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Applying for work in Japan at 15 2019/9/13 00:04
Hi! I'm a 13 year old Japanese and Filipino Dual Citizen and I currently live in the Philippines but we are gonna be moving to Japan next year and I saw online that when you are 15 years old you can start applying for part time jobs in Japan and I just wanted to know if It's really true and if it is what are the common requirements? Thanks!
by Haruka Maejima (guest)  

Re: Applying for work in Japan at 15 2019/9/13 16:30
Long story short, if you are a Japanese resident who have graduated junior high school, there should be no problem whatsoever for a teenager to do part time work, granted that your guardian (typically a parent) and your current school is not against it. I hope this answers your question.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Applying for work in Japan at 15 2019/9/13 18:52
since you are a Dual Citizen you can work from your 15 year.
The only thing is would the school allow, since study is important.

According the labor standard article 57
the employer shall keep at the workplace a certificate issued by the head of that childfs school certifying that the employment does not hinder the school attendance of the child or written consent from the childfs parent or guardian.

So just going to work does not work. You need to get approval.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Applying for work in Japan at 15 2019/9/14 08:08
Dual citizen for next nine years, then you have to choose one.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Applying for work in Japan at 15 2019/9/14 09:23
Let me add to my previous answer. To be precise, the law (Article 56 of the link) states that employers may employ 15-year-olds after the 15-year-old goes past his/her first March 31 date.

This means that the worker needs to be past compulsory education age. But there are a few exceptions. For example, if you are 13 years old you can deliver newspapers. There are also extremely few but some jobs that can legally accept those who are even younger.

So, again, once you become Japanese senior high school age, you will have many part-time job opportunities as long as your school and guarantor allow you to work. Note, however, that wages are lower for younger people.

https://elaws.e-gov.go.jp/search/elawsSearch/elaws_search/lsg0500/deta...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Applying for work in Japan at 15 2019/9/14 11:07
Thank you so much! And yes I know about having to choose one and im going to be choosing Japan but Thanks again! :)
by Haruka Maejima (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread