Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need a Notary Public in Takayama City 2005/6/2 04:57
I am looking for a notary public in Takayama City who can notarize US real estate documents for an American in Takayama City soon. Please give me contact information, if someone can do this service.
by Teri Nomura  

. 2005/6/2 15:53
I don't know what you are going to do after notarizing the document. You need to be well-prepared for the procedure, for I am afraid that not all J notary publics are used to non-Japanese documents from my past experiences.
anyway, good luck

http://houmukyoku.moj.go.jp/gifu/table/kousyou/all/takayamakousyou.html
by pacman rate this post as useful

Also looking for notary public 2006/3/1 14:04
I was wondering if you successfully found a notary public. I also am an American needing a notary public for real estate purposes and am having a great deal of trouble finding out where to find one. I am in Shizuoka-ken and thinking of contacting the embassy or a navel base. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
by c rate this post as useful

Notary Public in Kobe City 2006/7/20 11:15
Please if you can give me information about Notary Public in Kobe City
by gabriela rate this post as useful

Notary Public 2008/8/19 23:43
got this from a blog I found when trying to answer the same question:
"You see, the problem really comes not down to the fact that Notary Public's are scarce in Japan as much as the fact that America really doesn't legally recognize Japanese notarization as a legal countersign in the States, particularly regarding American documentation such as the one I was saddled with. This means there's only one place in Japan you can get a legal notarization which will be legally recognized back in the States-- the American Embassy"
by Leah rate this post as useful

Notary Public in Ise or Nagoya Needed 2008/8/21 05:17
It doesn't look good for finding one in Ise, but I was wondering if there is any way to find one in Nagoya. We need one for the sale of a car. Apparently, we live in a state that requires a Notarized signature when you sell a car. We bought the car from a friend that is living near Dalian, China for the next 2 years. They aren't having any luck finding one in China either. He is going to meet me in Nagoya next week. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
by Darrell rate this post as useful

notary 2008/8/21 09:38
had this problem a few years ago and ended up having to go to the US Consulate in Fukuoka. I was living in Nagasaki. sugest you call the nearest consulate and see if they still do it.
by wds rate this post as useful

Notarization in Japan - Another Way 2008/11/13 02:17
There is a procedure whereby you can avoid going to the U.S. embassy or consulate. (Note: the U.S. consulate in Nagoya does NOT do notarizations.)

(1) Get your signature notarized by a local notary. Some notaries will notarize in English.

(2) Get the notary's stamp certified by the local Houmukyoku (Legal Affairs Bureau).

(3) Have the Houmukyoku certification again certified by means of an ''apostille'' from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can apply by mail. See website (in Japanese) here: http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/toko/todoke/shomei/index.html#q5

U.S. federal and state agencies are legally required to accept the apostille for most transactions including those involving real estate under the terms of the international ''Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents''. However, in practice, you should educate the receiving office beforehand about the Convention if you intend to go this route.

In practice, a trip to the U.S. embassy or consulate will often be easier, but there is another way if absolutely necessary.
by Ben Geber rate this post as useful

reply to this thread