Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

National Health Insurance Card 2019/9/13 10:35
I will leave Japan on 20th this month after lived here for one year. I have reported to the city hall and return my National Health Insurance card last week, and I got a new Insurance card which I believe only valid until my departure from Japan. However, recently I got another Insurance card from the city office with expiration date on December (the last month of my student visa). So now I have TWO insurance card with different expiration date. Is it the correct procedure when you cancel the national health insurance and back to your home country? Because I am afraid that I did something wrong back in the city hall.
by quino22  

Re: National Health Insurance Card 2019/9/13 10:45
Can you go to the city hall again before your leave?
Since you received the card good until your departure date, I think they made some mistake updating your record.
So do not worry, just ask them.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: National Health Insurance Card 2019/9/13 11:07
When I go to city hall last week, I just filled the document for "Notification of Moving Out" and the officer just told me to go to some section where I receive my new insurance card. Is there any other procedure to cancel my national health insurance?
by quino22 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread