Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Being a vet tech 2019/9/14 05:36
I'm currently in school to get my associate's degree to be a vet tech. I have a lot of experience working with animals and people. I also know how to do most of the skills required of being a vet tech. Can I apply for a job as a vet tech while my husband is stationed in Okinawa or do I need a license?
by Ashley Norman (guest)  

Re: Being a vet tech 2019/9/15 09:57
1st thing you need to know is what type of visa/resident status you'll be getting?
This will determined whether you can/allow to work in Japan or not.

When you mention "my husband is stationed in Okinawa", you'll be on SOFA status?
If so, then you are not allowed to work off base. Basically you are not allow to work in Japan on SOFA status, unless you get yourself a proper 'working' visa.

That aside, how is your Japanese language? Can you communicate/interact with colleague/customer to do your work ?

As for license to work as vet tech, we'll see what others have to say.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being a vet tech 2019/9/15 10:36
Off base: work restrictions, licence restrictions, you need a japanese licence to work as a vet tech and you need a work visa. Japanese language is quite mandatory to work with local people.

On base: no work restrictions for SOFA sponsored spouses, no work visa needed, US medical and vet licences are welcomed. English speaking everywhere.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being a vet tech 2019/9/16 00:25
Working as a vet tech off base is unlikely due to licence and language issues but SOFA dependents CAN work off base without a work visa. The previous posters gave you bad info on that.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being a vet tech 2019/9/16 10:09
at WHEN do they request the license for working as vet technician ?
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8B%95%E7%89%A9%E7%9C%8B%E8%AD%B7%E5%...
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread