Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

House Fire/Theft and Earthquake Insurance 2019/9/19 16:22
Hi all,

Just want to ask some simple questions about the above topics.

1. Is it Mandatory to get both the insurances ? I mean by law of the country.

I am planning to move out of Japan next year as I have been promised of a intra-company overseas transfer.

2. So can I get the insurance for 1 year period (rather than 2 years like the last time)? I have heard instances where the left over period is paid back to the client, but I worry if it's a lengthy procedure I will not be here to get the money.

3. Will I be blacklisted or looked down by the housing agent or the house owner if I refrain from paying the both?

Frankly, I did not need come across any instance when I needed a claim for the last 2 years at my present apartment. As this costs nearly 40k for both at this time and I would rather invest it in some other savings where I will get some return in the end of maturity.

Thank you in advance on this regard
by Adi (guest)  

Re: House Fire/Theft and Earthquake Insurance 2019/9/19 21:03
1. No.
2. Most or all of the those types of insurances are nonrefundable insurance. So, no refund. Read your contract.
3. If you don't pay, your landlord will not sign the contract.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: House Fire/Theft and Earthquake Insurance 2019/9/20 14:55
Thank you for your answers
by Adi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread