Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8D7N Tokyo & Center of Japan 2019/9/23 17:16
Please help to review and comment my planned itinerary.

26/Oct Arrived 0620 Narita -> hang around Tokyo Metropolitan area & afternoon to Kanazawa

27/Oct early morning Kanazawa to Kurobe UnazukiOnsen(Kenrokuen, Kanazawa Castle & 21st Century Museum & DT Suzuki Museum/Turrell Room)

28/Oct Tour Kanazawa(Omicho, Higashiyama, Kazue Machi, Higashi Chaya-gai & Shiragawa Go)

29/Oct Go to Takayama(Sanmachi Suji Disctrict, Takayama Jinya, Yoshijima Heritage House etc)

30/Oct Continue explore Takayama(Kamikochi, Shinhotaka Ropeway)

31/Oct Travel to Nagoya(Nagoya Castle, Nagoya TV Tower) then evening to Tokyo

1/Nov Tokyo(Asakusa and Sensoji Temple, Sumida Park and Tokyo SkyTree, Nakamise Dori shopping street etc)

2/Nov Checkout and fly back 1145 from Narita airport

Please do suggest should I use JR Pass or E-voucher for more efficient transportation

Thank you in advance

CK
by CK (guest)  

Re: 8D7N Tokyo & Center of Japan 2019/9/24 15:14
Let me try some answers:

26/Oct Arrived 0620 Narita -> hang around Tokyo Metropolitan area & afternoon to Kanazawa

27/Oct early morning Kanazawa to Kurobe UnazukiOnsen(Kenrokuen, Kanazawa Castle & 21st Century Museum & DT Suzuki Museum/Turrell Room)

Sorry I donft understand this day. You are going in the early morning to Unazuki Onsen, presumably to visit Kurobe gorge. But what you lost are all attractions IN Kanazawa. For me Kurobe gorge would be a full day trip, but I guess if you get there early in the morning you could have a LITTLE BIT of time in the afternoon to see something in Kanazawa, but not the full list. The list you have is a full day in Kanazawa already.

28/Oct Tour Kanazawa(Omicho, Higashiyama, Kazue Machi, Higashi Chaya-gai & Shiragawa Go)

It sounds like youfll go to Shirakawago and then back again to Kanazawa. As Shirakawago is halfway to Takayama I would continue on to Takayama and spend the night there.

29/Oct Go to Takayama(Sanmachi Suji Disctrict, Takayama Jinya, Yoshijima Heritage House etc)

30/Oct Continue explore Takayama(Kamikochi, Shinhotaka Ropeway)

31/Oct Travel to Nagoya(Nagoya Castle, Nagoya TV Tower) then evening to Tokyo

1/Nov Tokyo(Asakusa and Sensoji Temple, Sumida Park and Tokyo SkyTree, Nakamise Dori shopping street etc)

2/Nov Checkout and fly back 1145 from Narita airport

This part of the trip sounds doable to me.

Please do suggest should I use JR Pass or E-voucher for more efficient transportation
I am no big expert on rail passes, but I canft see that the nation wide JR railpass will pay off. But you can do some research for yourself:

List of many different rail passes: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html
Railpass calculator: https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/

Enjoy your trip to Japan!

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 8D7N Tokyo & Center of Japan 2019/9/24 16:12
Thanks, will further do the research. By the way, would suggest to rent a car in between Kanazawa, Shirakawago and Takayama?
by CK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 8D7N Tokyo & Center of Japan 2019/9/24 23:50
If you are open to renting a car, I would NOT go to Shirakawa-go but to Ainokura instead.

A car would be handy if you want to visit Ainokura and Noto peninsula, but only for Shirakawago, I think it is too much. You dont need a car in Kanazawa and you dont need one in Takayama, and there are busses to Shirakawa-go. So if you have one extra day and can do 1 day Noto peninsula and one day Ainokura, then a car is worthwhile, in my eyes.

Look into drop off fees if you rent in Kanazawa but return it in Takayama.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 8D7N Tokyo & Center of Japan 2019/9/25 10:51
Thanks, LikeBike.
Your information is very helpful for my decision.
by CK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread