Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

road 120 on 17-20 april 2020 is it closed? 2019/9/28 16:50
1. i will be happy to understand if there is a guide or map on line i can use to know which roads are closed during mid April because i am planing to travel by car from Kegon falls in Nikko to Jigokudani Monkey Park.
i read that the 120 road might be closed. and i wonderd what is the best and fast way to get to Jigokudani Monkey Park.

2. Is in your experience in Jigokudani Monkey Park on these dates it is possible to get there by car and what are the condition of the road to the place because we are tourists and we are not used to driving in snow.
and i would like to know how is the condition in this piriod of the walking pass until the monkey bath because we are traveling with women who is not in good shape to do hiking...

thanks in advance for your answers
by liora (guest)  

Re: road 120 on 17-20 april 2020 is it closed? 2019/9/29 07:31
if there is a guide or map on line i can use to know which roads are closed during mid April

I am still not aware of an easy map or page that shows winter closures, even in Japanese. Each prefecture usually maintains its own list of winter closures in widely varying formats and in Japanese only.

National Route 120 was closed until April 25 this year. I can't find dates for 2020 yet, but I am afraid it may still be closed around April 17-20.

2. Is in your experience in Jigokudani Monkey Park on these dates it is possible to get there by car and what are the condition of the road to the place because we are tourists and we are not used to driving in snow.

There is no more snow around the monkey park around mid April. The road to the parking lot that is relatively close to the monkey park will be open. It is a narrow, windy road, but there won't be any snow left.

and i would like to know how is the condition in this piriod of the walking pass until the monkey bath because we are traveling with women who is not in good shape to do hiking...

It depends on the weather on and before the day of your visit. If it is raining or has been raining heavily before, some sections may be slippery. There is also a relatively long and steep stair between the parking lot and the park which could be challenging for people who have problems walking. It is still about a 15 minute walk to the monkey park, even from the closer parking lot.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread