Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First time travelling to Japan 2019/9/30 22:44
Hi everyone, Me and my gf are travelling to Japan in 2020 Feb for 10 days. I having pretty much concern and try to seek suggestions from here.

Day1 from Singapore to Osaka Namba around evening time so we will be finding airbnb from there and walk around as well.

Day2 activate the JR pass to Takayama/Kanazawa, our purpose is to visit the Shirakawago should we stay there a night and take the earliest bus from Takayama to Shirawakago ?

Day3 After Shirawakago back to Takayama/ Kanazawa and our next destination we plan to go is Kusatsu Onsen, should we find a place nearby Gunma so next day morning go Kusatsu Onsen?

Day4 2 days in Kusatsu Onsen

Day5 Kusatsu Onsen

Day6 maybe Nagoya or visit some other Mountain around that area

Day7 not sure yet / Back to Kyoto maybe

Day8 Kyoto

Day9 Nara

Day10 Osaka (Back to Singapore)

This is our first time travelling to Japan we got not much of idea and do not know how to plan well on our schedules I need everyone here to share us some experiences.
by JoonSeng  

Re: First time travelling to Japan 2019/10/1 11:35
Too much Kusatsu onsen 2 days, how about Tokyo travel then Hakone onsen?

And, Osaka and around will be no snow usual even in Feb,
but you will feel quite colder than you think if never been winter snow country, be careful.
https://youtu.be/WcZcsGq2-ro

by Amidp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: First time travelling to Japan 2019/10/1 12:13
Kusatsu Onsen is a must? It is a long way to get there from Takayama. Have you consider Arima Onsen instead? It is near Kobe, u can do it as a day trip from Osaka.

For a 1st trip, i feel the Kansai region is good enough but if Shirakawago is a must, i suggest getting the Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass, activate it on the 1st day u landed in KIX. Day 2 go to Kanazawa, spend a night or 2 there. Move on to Shirakawago on Day 3/4 and proceed to Takayama from there, remmber to book your tickets at the bus terminal when u reach Kanazawa, i alwys get it beforehand rather then on the actual day. Day 4/5 spend the day at Takayama and go back to Kyoto/Osaka before dark.

And like the above poster said, Feb is going to be really cold.

by Delardino rate this post as useful

reply to this thread