Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/2 05:13
Hi. So I was wondering if there are any jobs in japan that uses English besides English teacher? Ifm a senior high school student graduate and also a Japanese citizen.
by owgodsai  

Re: Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/2 12:20
So many.

Work experience and/or qualifications are probably your biggest hurdles.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/3 22:24
I can't think of too many, actually. Hotel clerk maybe?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/4 13:56
- Ski instructor
- office clerk in international company
- tourist information
- airport checkin desk employee
- stewardess
- coordinator in international removal company
- web designer
- tour guide

Ultimately kind of in any job, there could be a need for English. So I think that the OP should ask himself what kind of work would sound interesting. And then see if there is an English need for it.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/4 20:48
Hm, yes, I'd have imagined that, for example, airport ground staff would require at least a 2-year college degree, but it turns out they do hire high school graduates (though then the pay is very mediocre...).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/6 12:51
An obvious one - translator.
Yes, quite a few jobs use English and I encounter many businesses that have English speaking people in customer facing jobs. English is a distinct advantage for those Japanese in those roles, although they may not actually get paid more for being multi-lingual.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs that uses English without a degree 2019/10/6 23:11
I went to Bic Camera today... and there there were some more professionals able to speak English. (and Chinese...)
So shop clerk is definitely an other option.

(Actually when I think back of BicCamera only like 5 years ago, the amount of employees they have now who can speak Chinese and English has increased exponentially - at least in central Tokyo). I don't think that when I first started frequenting BicCamera it was so ubiquitous, but recently, I have the impression there are more Chinese than Japanese in some departments.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread