Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days JR pass/15 days trip 2019/10/2 10:23
Hi, I have been doing a lot of research on my trip regarding travel and passes _ JR Pass, as well as individual city wide pass and have finally decided on the following. Please let me know if it will be a very hectic schedule. I have finally decided to go with the JR pass. My first few days will be in Tokyo and last few days in Kyoto where I will buy individual tickets for short distance. The 7 days JR pass itinerary is as follows.

Day 1. Tokyo Nikko Tokyo

Day 2. Tokyo Takayama

Day 3. Takayama

Day 4. Takayama Kawaghuchiko

Day 5 Kawaghuchiko

Day 6 Kawaghuchiko Kyoto

Day 7. Kyoto Hiroshima Kyoto

Or is there a different route to reroute the above.

Also all the trains have connections from one platform to another. We will be having our suitcase so is it possible that we will make it on time to the next connection.

Thanks in advance. I have got so many helpful tips on this forum and also thank all those who have been replying to our messages with suggestions.
by Beachnature  

Re: 7 days JR pass/15 days trip 2019/10/2 12:19
I would do Kawaguchiko, then takayama.

Bus to kawagichiko. Bus to Takayama via Matsumoto. Train to Kyoto.

Only need a 5 day kansai hiroshima pass for your hiroshima travels. One way tickets for the rest.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days JR pass/15 days trip 2019/10/2 12:47
I would do as follows.

Day 1 and 2 Stay in Tokyo, day trip to Nikko, Kawaguchiko, or somewhere. I think you want to see Mt Fuji in Kawaguchiko, but you may not be able to do that because of the cloud. So if the weather is fine, do Kawaguchiko on day 1 or 2. If the weather is bad in both days, you might better give up Kawaguchiko. There are some places you can enjoy even if the weather is not so good.

Day 3 Tokyo to Kanazawa early in the morning and explore Kanazawa.
Day 4 Kanazawa to Shirakawago and then to Takayama (by bus, not covered by the JR pass).
Day 5 Explore Takayama until late afternoon and then take Limited Express to Nagoya and then Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka. Stay in Osaka.
Day 6 Osaka to Hiroshima.
Day 7 Hiroshima to Kyoto (maybe Himeji on the way).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days JR pass/15 days trip 2019/10/2 16:54
Hi, I have total 15 days, but the itinerary I mentioned above is for the 7 days JR pass. Just need to check if it possible to do those using the JR pass. Also will the travel be too hectic considering few of them are 5 hrs travel.

Thanks
by Beachnature rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days JR pass/15 days trip 2019/10/3 07:49
You cannot access Kawaguchiko using a jr pass. Some way has to be buses and private railway.

Plus using jr to go from takayama to kawaguchiko is a long way around slower option.

So perhaps you didnt understand some advice given above. The advice given makes transports options quicker and cheaper than using jr pass.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread