Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 4: Posts 1 - 20 of 66

1 2 3 4
next

I like burger king . 2005/6/3 18:09
Are there any burger kings in tokyo? I really wanna eat big fatty burgers!
by ichiro  

... 2005/6/3 19:32
Unfortunatelly, Burger King has withdrawn from Japan. There used to be some stores, but I think they have all gone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Why! 2005/6/4 04:10
Wanna eat burgers? Go to the States! Why should anyone go to a foreign country if you want to eat stuff from others (especially fast food...). I really do not understand!
by Trudy rate this post as useful

Homesicknesss 2005/6/4 09:33
Trudy, When living in a forgien country sometimes homesickness sets in. Nothing cures my homesickness better then some American staples like Mickey Ds or KFC. If they would just open a Taco Bell I'd be set
by REDRUM36 rate this post as useful

... 2005/6/4 11:00
It is quite interesting how threads about burgers always get emotional and intolerant. Personally, I pity people who go abroad and stick to their own country's food without even trying local food.

However, in case of this thread, Ichiro was simply asking whether Burger King has outlets in Japan. He could be a person, maybe even a resident of Japan, who once in a while, likes to have a fast food burger...
by Uji rate this post as useful

canadian bar 2005/6/4 11:32
I thought there was a Taco bell. If you want a good burger, the maple leaf bar in Shibuya has pretty good burgers.
by kait rate this post as useful

Taco bell in Nagoya 2005/6/7 02:54
There used to be a Taco Bell in Nagoya as late as 2000 but I don't know if it's there now. It was expensive (like 379yen for a taco supreme) and I only went there twice. There were other places in Nagoya that had much better tacos.
by Mark rate this post as useful

Yokota AFB 2005/6/8 00:01
There is one on Yokota Air Force Base, Tokyo.
by FYI rate this post as useful

Burger 2005/6/17 18:16
Ditto on the Yokota Air base Burger King, but, havn't been there for years. There was a Yokota Burger on Base too. Moss Burger is a burger place I frequent. Ttry the teriyaki burger. Also restraunt chain Bikuri Donkey has excellent burger dishes. I like the pinapple topped burger meal. The burgers dont taste the same as the States but I enjoy them just the same.
by Thumper rate this post as useful

. 2005/6/17 20:07
the burger king in the base is off-limit even during the friendship days, isn't it?
by pacman rate this post as useful

Pac Mans Answer 2005/8/20 00:48
There is a Taco Bell and Burger King on Yokota Air Base but you cannot go with out military sponshorship. Even during the Friendship Festival.
by Toviksan rate this post as useful

Burger King 2005/8/20 23:43
Actually, there used to be four or five Burger Kings in downtown Tokyo, but their shops went bankrupt. It was a big deal I guess, and they summed up the reasoning that Burger King wasn't able to change their menu for the Japanese palate. McDonald's, Pizza hut, Dominoes, and KFC have all introduced items that would be relate more to Japanese tastes, along with their origional menus. This only happened about five years ago. It's a shame, because I too really miss the chicken tenders, and the chicken sandwich.
by sarahck rate this post as useful

Thanks, Toviksan 2005/8/21 16:25
by pacman rate this post as useful

yes & no 2005/8/21 20:40
There arent any more burger kings in Japan but there are still many mc donalds so you'll have all the opportunity to eat greasy, fatty crap ;)
by gryphon rate this post as useful

Yum! 2005/8/21 22:03
love "greasy fatty crap burgers."

Hate vegitarians who force their belief system on a meat eaters forum.
by BB rate this post as useful

What happened to BK? 2005/9/13 09:41
Actually there were as many as 36 BK's in Japan, most in Tokyo. The franchise owner, JT (japan tobacco), decided it was not an important investment and that they could make more money selling the locations to Lotteria. They didn't go bankrupt but were changed into Lotteria's in 1998. Many Japanese have expressed a passion for a juicy whopper but are disappointed. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!
by burgerprince rate this post as useful

answer 2005/9/14 09:51
i didnt see any burger kings but there were mc donalds' everywhere. and i had one of the best burgers ive ever eaten when i was over there (and im not a burger person) at a japanese 50s diner themed place.
by lb rate this post as useful

There is burger king 2005/10/25 12:06
Saw Burger King 3 weeks ago in Tokyo area.
by Yamanashi Guy rate this post as useful

Burger King? 2005/10/25 12:39
There's one in the "Tokyo area"? Other than the one on Yokota Air Base? So where exactly did you see it? Do tell...
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

no burger king...but 2005/10/25 17:04
I have seen Wendy's here in Japan. In Shinjuku. Maybe you could try that. My opinion, just as good if not better than burger king.
by tea78 rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 4: Posts 1 - 20 of 66

1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread