Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to do if still waiting for zairyu card? 2019/10/20 22:21
So anyway I dragged myself down to the immigra- tion office in Shizuoka on the 4th of September, did all the paperwork and was given that 2 month exten sion slip. I should have gone down sooner but due to changing jobs and moving house I had put it off. Well my visa has since expired and that 2 month slip is due to expire as well on the 7th of November. I know it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months so I didn't bother calling them up. They haven't asked for any additional paperwork or documents. Anyway I don't know if I should wait longer or call them up and check on the progress. But also I have no idea what to do if its not gonna be done before the 7th of November. Any advice will be appreciated!
by McGeough93 (guest)  

Re: What to do if still waiting for zairyu card? 2019/10/22 04:22
You must get in touch with them before the 2-month period expires; if you do nothing you will become an illegal alien.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What to do if still waiting for zairyu card? 2019/10/22 19:38
Thanks for your reply,

I got in touch with them two days ago and they told me that it is currently in processing and I have to wait. They said it would be ready before my extension expires but I am not that hopeful.
by McGeough93 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread