Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Prozac perscriptions and living in japan 2019/11/10 13:22
i have visited japan in the past several time with my high dose of Prozac and never had a problem.
Because the trips have been under 30 days I have never needed a yakkan shoumei

My question though is if I want to live in japan long turm how would I get my prescription refiled.
I am prescribed 80mg per day for my O.C.D and have been on it for a decade.

It changed by life I went from it taking 3 hours a day to leave the house to running my own bussness. My o.c.d is still bad but without prozac its a living hell So coming off it is not an option and other meds before that did not work. With a yakkan shoumei would I be able to get it shipped to me in japan do you know.
by Russell williams (guest)  

Re: Prozac perscriptions and living in japan 2019/11/11 10:19
Why not get it prescribed by a doctor in Japan? Depending on your base country you might find it costs more, maybe similar.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Prozac perscriptions and living in japan 2019/11/11 10:33
Why not get it prescribed by a doctor in Japan?

Because he can't. Prozac is a prohibited/banned medicine in Japan. He can go to a hundred doctors none will give him a prescription for Prozac. He could bring few with him when travelling because it was tolerated but importing that thing on a regular basis by mail is not going to happen.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Prozac perscriptions and living in japan 2019/11/12 06:14
Fluoxetine is not a prohibited substance in Japan; at least it's not on the list here: http://www.ncd.mhlw.go.jp/en/application.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Prozac perscriptions and living in japan 2019/11/12 07:59
As far as I am aware it is easy to get on prescription in Japan - I know someone that would get it regularly, but that the cost was quite high.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread