Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medical career oppotunities in Japan 2019/11/20 23:13
Hello I am from Thai people currently living in Japan.
I was graduated from medical school in thailand and had been working there for 2 years. And now I am here in Japan for language class ( beginner ) and hoping to find the oppotunities to work here. I have been wandered through many forums and websites about being a doctor here in Japan. Mainly they said Its almost impossible to do so. I have known a few doctor here and they kindly advices me to get JLPT N1 then taking the license exam so now I am on the track. But the more I learn about culture here the more I have question that even I could get the license here, is it possible/ acceptable to work in the normal hospital here? If anyone has advice about the possible way to continue my education and oppotunities carreer in japan please kindly leave some advices I am really willing to listen for all kinds of comments. Thank you very much.
by MMDDJ  

Re: Medical career oppotunities in Japan 2019/11/21 09:48
If you are studying Japanese at the beginner level currently, then you have years of language study before you will reach N1 level. On top of that, you would then need to learn medical Japanese in order to pass the licensing exam.

Do you have years' worth of savings to sustain you during this long period of study?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Medical career oppotunities in Japan 2019/11/21 10:19
Being a doctor in Japan is not "impossible" it is just a long process which is difficult.
You need to be able to talk and write in native Japanese, secondly you need to follow a university course to get the right diploma/certification.

You can try with a lower option, but still Japanese skill and training is required is working in an pension house (forgot how it is called) for elder people.

Which option you will choose, working in the welfare industry is a long process to get there.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread