Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto foliage in early December (also Tokyo) 2019/11/22 21:04
We will be arriving in Kyoto on December 1 and was hoping for advice on best places where we can still see fall colors during first week of December? Same question for later that week in Tokyo. Thank you.
by Jeff Jackel (guest)  

Re: Kyoto foliage in early December (also Tokyo) 2019/11/23 08:37
Kodaiji and Kiyomizudera are two famous spots that are likely to still have nice colors. Also, I expect many spots in Arashiyama to still have some colors. Tofukuji and Eikando, on the other hand, will likely be beyond their peak.

As for Tokyo, I think most spots in the city center will be around their peak in early December.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto foliage in early December (also Tokyo) 2019/11/23 10:30
Thank you Uji.
by Jeffrey B Jackel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto foliage in early December (also Tokyo) 2019/11/25 08:35
I agree with Uji. Ifm in Tokyo now and there are still greenish leaves on trees. Leaves will probably start changing this week even more. Your timing may be better than mine. Meiji Jingu Gaien is a fav spot for brilliant yellow ginko leaves. Parks like Shinjuku Gaien is a good option too.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread