Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Java developer job Tokyo 2019/11/27 11:17
my husband got his working visa but employer not calling him now. can he use this working visa to get job in japan elsewhere?? there is expiration date and validity mentioned in visa. expiration is in feb 2020 and validity 5 years. what is this expiration date mean?? how can he get job now in japan.
by priyanka sharma (guest)  

Re: Java developer job Tokyo 2019/11/27 16:16
I believe every visa has a expiration date , after you get your COE you only have 3 months to get in japan , the visa expiration is different , what really matters is , once your husband gets to japan he will get a residence card issued, if its for 5 years then the expiration on the residence card should be 5 years as well.
by stormystorm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Java developer job Tokyo 2019/11/28 12:35
In addition to above reply ..

First you need to understand difference between visa and resident status/card.

Visa is issued by embassy for enter Japan. Once you enter Japan, the visa is used/void and in exchange you are given resident card (zairyu card) which have your resident status (based on your visa status) detail and period of stays.

So when you mention working visa expiration date: Feb 2020 and validity : 5 years,

the expiration date is the date you must enter Japan with the visa. BUT note that COE also have expiration date (normally 3 month after issue date). Standard is that you require to show visa and COE at the point of entry to the immigration, and if either one is past its expiration date, you may encounter problem.

As for validity 5 years, may be you write wrongly because normally on visa sticker it mention period of stay, not validity.
https://www.google.com/search?q=japan+visa+sticker&client=firefox-b-d&...
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Java developer job Tokyo 2019/11/28 12:50
my husband got his working visa but employer not calling him now....how can he get job now in japan.
Hmm..not sure about that but as long as the company didn't inform immigration about cancellation of contract/COE, you husband can use that visa to enter Japan and start looking for new work. Search for work that is in the same category as the working visa/status as it is easier than changing status.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

HOWEVER, any updates to the visa/resident status (change of job/employer) must be inform to immigration within 14 days.

That to say the working visa your husband received is his to keep and use BUT changes to visa/resident status need to be inform to immigration. Immigration have the right to cancel or ask to change it to other type.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread