Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arriving at Aomori Airport 2019/11/27 14:12
My wife and I are arriving at Aomori Airport in mid-April 2020 and then plan on taking a Regular Train from the Aomori Train Station to Misawa Train Station and then taking a taxi out to Misawa Air Base, where we'll be staying. I heard that there was a bus that newly arrived passengers can board with their luggage and be taken to the Aomori Train Station. Does this bus, have luggage compartments along the bottom portion of the bus, like most "tour buses" have? Otherwise, if no compartments for baggage, then are we (2-Senior Citizens) required to hand-carry our two suitcases each, on-board the bus, possibly taking up more space than what is actually needed?

We appreciate your feedback.
by Paul Vollmer (guest)  

Re: Arriving at Aomori Airport 2019/11/27 20:49
I hope you are flying JAL. JAL offers 3 flights a day from Haneda (HND) to Misawa (MSJ). The airport uses Misawa AB's runway, so the terminal is quite close to the main gate, but separate from the military facilities. It's been 30 years since I was stationed there, but I am sure you will find a taxi that can take you to your hotel from the airport.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving at Aomori Airport 2019/11/30 10:18
John, I didn't know that I could actually respond back to yourself until last night, while looking at similar threads about Japan.

My former spouse (now deceased) and I too were stationed at Misawa AB (4/84 - 4/87) and, now that my current spouse and I are retired to the Philippines, I have purchased round trip airfare from Cebu, Philippines to Incheon and on-wards to Aomori International Airport. I noticed that if we were to arrive at Haneda Airport, we would be required to remain overnight, as our flight there would have arrived much later than the trains are running (which of course would mean more money staying in an airport hotel). Thus, it was my decision for us to fly into Aomori. So, we were looking for bus transportation (which there is) from Aomori International Airport to Aomroi Railway Station and that was one of my primary concerns. I noticed that there are buses but, unsure if those buses are "City Buses" or actual Tourist-Type Buses with storage compartments located in the lower part of the bus, so we don't have to hand-carry our luggage on-board the bus, which will take up space if the bus is overly crowded. We were informed that transportation via taxi to the Aomori Train Station is expensive and much better to travel via bus. Hence, the reason for my question.

Paul
by Paul Vollmer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread