Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About my baby 2019/11/29 13:25
Hello good day, i want to ask a something i hope someone will help me here.

I am currently pregnant now and i have japanese husband. But i got pregnant with different guy
He is my boyfriend, and he is the reason why im pregnant now. So this is my question
What will happen to my baby ?
I will born my baby here in japan, what will happen to to the babyfs surname ?
Can my baby use the biological fatherfs surname or my husband surname??

Because for me, i want my baby to use his biological father surname because thats his real dad.

Hope someone will help me this. Thank you
by Love (guest)  

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 15:57
Don't worry.you are the mother. So your Decision is Final.
by Roh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 16:01
I want to know if my baby can use his biological fatherfs sure name even though im still kekkon to my husband.
by Love (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 16:01
When a baby is born between a woman and a man who are not married, the mother reports the birth and the baby would be entered into her gkosekih (family registry) among Japanese people. However, since you are not Japanese (I assume?), you canft do that (as you donft have a gkosekih).

I donft know if your husband and your boyfriend know of the situation, but it sounds like (if you stay married that is) the baby will first be entered into your husbandfs gkoseki,h then later your boyfriend files for gacknowledgementh of the baby as HIS, and when that is accepted by the city hall, the baby would be mentioned as gacknowledgedh into your boyfriendfs gkoseki.h And after that, the child needs to file for change of surname; only when that is accepted, the childfs surname can be changed from your husbandfs to your boyfriendfs. It is not that simple.

I do not know what exactly happens when, and in exactly in which order things need to happen, but best wishes with everything.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 16:19
My boyfriend he knows that, me and my husband are separated already but we still married.
I am 4 months pregnant now, if I divorce my husband is there any chance to make my babyfs surname to his real dad?
Ifm willing to do that for my babyfs sake.

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 16:31
Can someone please help me where should i go to get advice from this situation.
I want to go somewhere like city hall to say everything about this and get some answers.

I really want to fox this
Please help me 😭

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 16:52
The child whose pregnancy began while the wife is married is assumed to be the husbandfs child, the Japanese civil code goes. So even if you get divorced now, upon birth, the baby would be assumed to be your husbandfs, gunlessh the husband files for gdenial of the husband being the father.h

So your husband, when the child is born, needs to file for that. It is only the husband who can do that (not you, not your boyfriend). And it is not just a matter of surname, but very important to ensure that the birth of your baby will be properly recorded in Japan.

I would go talk to the city hallc by the way is your boyfriend Japanese?

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 16:52
do you understand the meaning of "marriage" ?
when you are not divorced, you can't do anything by yourself.
you can't decide a father of a new baby by yourself.
a new baby's legal father is the husband.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 17:01
Yes my boyfriend is japanese

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 17:04
I really dont know what to do now
I feel so stress 😭😭😭😭😭

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 17:28
speak to your boyfriend.
when he has no idea what to do, you can't do anything.
although your worry is only for a baby, you and your boyfriend legal situation is not good too.
I think you and your boyfriend need to hire a lawyer.

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 17:29
Love,
Don't feel stressed - that is not good for your baby. For now, your biggest concern should be the healthy growth of your baby.

I suggest you ask your boyfriend to accompany you to go ask at a city hall together. Again best wishes.

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 18:46
If you plan to divorce and you not together with your husband, your husband may not accept/recognized the child. So the surname of your husband may not be possible.

Your bf is the father (japanese) and can accept the baby and put the child in his koseki.
Only problem is your are still married.

Best is to divorce, and ask your bf to accept the child on his koseki.
Keep in mind you cannot remarry for 6 months, so I do not know your current visa status but this you need to consider also and inform immigration well to prevent issues.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 19:05
I extended my visa already and i got 3 years.
My boyfriend he will accept my baby and i think he gonna do everything for the baby.
Thats why i want to divorce my husband

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 19:58
please make understand surely that you are a liable side and the husband is a victim side.
in that case, if the husband refuses to speak to you, it will take a long time for divorcing.
the husband will have some disadvantage, when he refuses. but, you and your boyfriend (and a new baby) will have more serious disadvantages.
you have to know all come from your immoral behaviors.

you and your boyfriend need to hire a lawyer and you (both) need to offer some ( considerable) money to the husband to speed up the arguments and paperwork.

I think city office staff will not give you any useful advises, because it will introduce anther problem to them. ( it is problematic to help one side, especially to help a liable side.)

Re: About my baby 2019/11/29 20:39
I have no comment on your situation, but just want to mention that in 2015 the law changed so that women can remarry 100 days after a divorce instead of 6 months: http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/151216/afr1512160035-n1.html

However a baby born within 6 months will still be assumed to be your previous husband's child.

by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread